Saturday, January 29, 2011

MFT February Teaser, Day Two and C4C #72


Weren't yesterday's teasers awesome?! We're back with day two today and I'm telling you it's just as good :) Today we're showing you Jolinne - Catch a Star, Flopsey - Smooth Sailing, and Twisted Foursome. I'm showing you Twisted Foursome, but first, this:
  • The February Guest Designer Contest continues and ends on Monday, January 31st at 10 PM EST. The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
  • Teasers continue and will be daily through Tuesday, February 1st. Head on over to Kim's blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for today's teasers. Every day there will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day :) Check the MFT blog daily for the winners.
  • The February Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm February 1st, with the hop also starting at Kim's Blog.
So, on to my card. When I saw this sentiment, "High maintenance" doesn't even begin to cover it..." I KNEW right then I'd have to use it. 'Cause see, that's me in that chair, LOL! I love my monthly pedicures and every other week nail appointments, plus my occasional spa day. And don't forget the hair ;-)


I stamped WTG from Girls Day In on a Perfect Paper Panel (temporarily out of stock) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and mostly paper pieced the image, with a little Copic coloring. I used the Faux Crochet Border Die-namics die on the card front edge, added some lace, ribbon, and some elegant blingy swirls to bring this card a little vintage feel. And the roses, made with the Mini Rolled Roses Die-namics die, finished it off.

This card is also for the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge for today. For all the details, check out the blog.

Here are the Copics I used.


Thanks for dropping by! See you back tomorrow for another teaser - it's day three so that means Pure Innocence!

~Supplies~
Stamps: WTG Girls Day In, Twisted Foursome (MFT)
Paper: Perfect Paper Panels, Fossil card stock (MFT); Ocean Tides (PTI); Linen Closet 8 x 8 pad (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Mini Rolled Roses and Faux Crochet border Die-namics Dies (MFT); lace (craft store); Copic markers; leaf punch (Martha Stewart); bling (Prima); ribbon (PTI)

66 comments:

  1. Been sitting here waiting for you post to go live, worth the wait. I actually have the Girls Day In set and now I have a beautiful card for inspiration. I love the rolled roses and the crochet border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Barbara! Love the colors. Oh, and I know whatcha mean about the monthly pedi's... I can't live w/out mine hehe!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara,
    Ooooh, that's some high maintenance I'd like to claim! What a beautiful card. The Twisted Sentiments are too fun!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I've been coveting this set since that ultra sneak peek. I LOVE this sentiment, and is so appropriate for many people I know and love :D. Thanks for showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love how all the different elements come together on the card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, love this card. That paper piecing is just great! Love the new stamp and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! The colours are gorgeous, and that sentiment is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card i love the muted colours and the flowers are so sweet tfs hugs jayne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card! Love that fun image and those pretty papers! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. FUN STUFF Barbara!!! That WTG always makes me smile and I'm NOT a Whine-o! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehehe....love that sentiment.
    Pretty card - like the border punch, nice addition.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try that rolled rose die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! This would be perfect for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this image with the sentiment! You crack me up!

    Gorgeous card -- love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG... need the twisted set. This sentiment is PERFECT for my oldest daughter!! Love your card. Those rolled roses are perfect along with the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol....can't wait to see all the sentiments with this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love your color combo and the paper piecing on her housecoat is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Twisted Sentiment - it's perfect for that Girl's day set. Beautiful rolled roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love, love Girls Day In!!! A favorite indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. GREAT card, and I just LOVE that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The spousal unit would probably say that one applies to me. Darn....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card, love your rolled flowers, the bling and your excellent paper piecing. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute card! love the roses and the awesome colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a fun card. Love all the special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this new set and your colors here are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great card! everything about it is perfect! especially the wine!lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous, Barbara! Love the bling and flowers. And who knew you were such a diva?! LOVE that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG, this is fantastic! I love all the detail and the PP for her is amazing, awesome job Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  29. so fun & what gorgeous colors & details!! i love Girls Day In too- and that sentiment is perfect LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely fabulous!! Such a great sentiment for that image - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is wonderful Barbara, I love the piecing, love all the colors... Cheers..;) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh, such a pretty card, Barbara! I just love the dps that you used. . .very vintage! Just gorgeous! I love that sentiment! It speaks to me as far as crafting is concern! I'm very high maintenance for sure!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your card and the dienamics crochet die. Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the colors and all the details including the wonderful rolled flowers and the rhinestones. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. the embellies really make the card, my fav colors

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a wonderful card! I'm really liking those twisted foursome sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your colors! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. FUNNY new sentiment!!!! All my pampering funds seem to be going to stamps, DP, and dies lately!!!! Darling card!!! Super paper-piecing, awesome paper,and neat bow/rose combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is sooo pretty! I love the soft colours and her lovely robe. The bling and mini roses are the perfect touches.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That sentiment is prefect for the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card - love the sentiment and roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is beautiful!! LOVE that sentiment with the image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW!!! This is INCREDIBLE, Barbara....every detail is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Love that sentiment too...kinda reminds me of...well...ME...sometimes...from what I hear...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful, elegant and funny at the same time! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just love your card Barbara! That new stamp is a must have.....

    ReplyDelete
  46. OUT of this world FABULOUS Bar! This sentiment could not be more perfect with this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. what a delicious color combo....relaxing and tranquil...fab shabby details

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great cards!! Love the way you use different embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  49. love, love, love the paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is awesome Barb! What a great sentiment and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great card! I love the colors and your bling!

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW! Fabulous and totally made me realize I NEED that border. Great card and detailing, Barbara! Hope you are doing great! Miss you! Boo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nice touch with the roses, cute card

    ReplyDelete
  54. Awsome - wish it was me in that chair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. WOW this card is SO pretty! That sentimemt is perfect for this set! heehee Just got back from a mani earlier. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  56. Bwah ha ha ha...LOVE this sentiment with the image! LOL PERFECT...I may have to get this one ;] Beautiful, card, Bar. Love the blue hues, your fab coloring, and your pretty flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  57. LOVE that twisted sentiment. it is perfect with that WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...