Tuesday, January 04, 2011

MFT January Blog Hop and Shop!

Are you ready to Hop and Shop???? Well, get ready 'cause it's time! The January MFT blog hop starts at Kim's blog, so if you're just happening upon this post, head on over there to the starting line and work your way back. You won't be sorry :) If you got here from the outrageously talented Carole's blog, you're right on track, so carry on.

Tonight I get to show you Inspired by Music, the latest in the Inspired by... line. I'm going to show you how versatile this gorgeous set can be. First, let's go girlie.

I got this papier mache heart box at a craft store and covered it with patterned paper. For the top I used MFT's Take Note digi paper. Then I cut some Whip Cream card stock with the new Dainty Doily Die-namics die and threaded some 1/8" ribbon through the holes. The violin is from Inspired by Music and was stamped on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers and cut out. I popped it up on foam and then piled on both sizes of the new Mini Rolled Rose Die-namics roses and added some leaves. Everything was swiped with Antique Linen Distress Ink to age it a little. Finally, I outlined the edge with buttons from the Chocolate Kiss and Summer (currently out of stock) button collections. And, since I don't like naked buttons, yeah, I tied twine on each one--it's just the way I am.


Here's a close up of the center.


And the side. I threaded more ribbon through the lace and added borders with the new Dainty Doily Border Die-namics die. This box will go in my living room :)





Now, how about one for the boys? My BIL is a musician, so I thought maybe he'd like some labels for his music. I'll send him these for his birthday. The gramophone image is from Inspired by Music, as are the images on the labels and the inside of the card. the background music on the card is from Inspired by Love. The focal image was stamped, left uncolored, and all layers distressed to add a masculine feel. I cut the labels with the Textile Rectangle Die-namics die (temporarily out of stock) and then stamped the images. The music is one image and "This music belongs to" is a separate image. Cool, huh?






Thanks SO much for stopping by! Remember there's blog candy somewhere along the hop, so consider commenting on every designer's blog for your best chance of winning it :)

Now I'm going to send you along to the amazing Lisa's blog. I'm pretty sure she has something for you that will knock your socks off!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired by - Music, Inspired by Love (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream, Black Licorice, Fossil, Take Note digi paper, Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Sage Shadow (SU!); patterned paper (craft store)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen and Old Photo Distress Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Mini Rolled Roses, Dainty Doily, Dainty Doily Border Die-namics dies, buttons; lace, ribbon, glue dots, foam squares, papier mache heart box (craft store); buttons (stash), Copic markers; twine (PTI); linen thread (TCP); distressing tool (Tim Holtz)

41 comments:

  1. OH WOW!!! Stunning, just stunning! I Love the masculine feel of your last card and I love the label idea!! Creative and Beautiful as always, Barbara!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER creative and gorgeous projects, love them all! :-) That box is AMAZING! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome heart - love all the button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ribbon threaded doily, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness -- these are gorgeous, Bar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty altered box! love the buttons and the flowers. love your labels too. thanks for sharing and happy new year! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy buttons, Batman! gorgeous work Bar, gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Inspired by Music set is just awesome. I have to have this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heart shaped box is beautiful. I love all the lace like trim using the Die-namics. I like the masculine feel to your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - love the decorated box with all those tiny roses. And, that card along with the music labels is such a thoughtful gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I esp love the masculine music card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp! Thud!! Wait while I pick myself up off the floor...these are freaking amazing!!! I can't believe how different the two looks are and how stunning each one is!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU MAKE ME BARF!!!!! LMAO

    OMG and I KNEW your buttons were NEVER gonna be nekkie... YOU are a TOTAL FRIGGIN ROCK STAR!!!! BRAT FACE!!!!

    LOVE YA!!!

    PS It would look SO much better in my house!!!! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my that heart box is soooooo beautiful....and those smaller roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Look at all of those dressed buttons!! Dibs--before KJ calls it!! LOL You TOTALLY ROCKED THIS ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the first doily/scallop die set and can see this one's gonna be on my must-have list! Thanx for the inspiration and blog candy hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so beautiful & elegant! I love the music set.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, your projects are just fabulous! I'm in love with those roses, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your work is so AWESOME!!! TFS!!
    best regards,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't get over how sweet those small rolled flowers are. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The box is just gorgeous! Love all the buttons and roses. The label are a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I love your masculine project as much as the gorgeous and feminine heart box. Both utterly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, gorgeous. Love the music by cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooohh...another set of cards with vintage-y feel. I love it! The masculine card with the tags is so cool. And using the flower frog to display them, I would have never thought to do that. Was your frog already black or did you paint it? I need to go dig my out from under the kitchen sink now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous, the box with all the buttons... OMG how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I love all the projects--and all those rolled roses?!? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know Jody is so proud of you and those buttons! ;) Gorgeous examples of how versatile this set is. So amazing how you're able to do this fancy vintage stuff and the standard MFT cute stuff equally well. YOU are the one who is versatile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. all of these projects are lovely...
    i especially like The gramophone image ... just a simple note card.. nice..-anne-

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are gorgeous, Barbara! I especially love the card and labels!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning as always! Love the labels...I'll have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful box and also love the music card - I have a son that plays guitar so that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful creations. I LOVE the music box. So much work and so many details...twine on each button, OMG! I love how you ran the ribbon through the die on the front and through the lace on the sides. The music card and tags are wonderful as well. Love the vintage look w/the twine. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous projects Barb! The box is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...