Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thinking Of You - MFTWSC #4 and Color Throwdown #126

Are you ready for another MFTWSC and Color Throwdown all wrapped up into one card? 

First the sketch.You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter.  The Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started. 

And, Danielle is the Color Throwdown host this week and chose these colors:


Perfect for Basic Grey's Marjolaine paper.

I stamped little PI - Because You're Special on a Perfect Paper Panel (temporarily out of stock) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored her with Copic markers and paper pieced her sweet little dress. Then I cut her out, popped her up on a patterned paper circle matted with a Dainty Doily Die-namics layer in Blue Bayou. I tied a big ol' green bow around the base card and added the sentiment flag. Adorable, no?!

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD126 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! I can't believe this is the last week in January so it's Lori's last week with us. Be sure to show her some love! Thanks, Lori! We've enjoyed having you with us so much!

LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts...
Lori Tecler, January guest Designer - Inking Aloud

Here are the Copic markers I used.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow :)

~Supplies~
Stamps: PI - Because You're Special (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Blue Bayou (SU!); Marjolaine 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Dainty Doily Die-namics die (MFT); Classic Circle Nestabilities die (Spellbinders); ribbon (May Arts); Copic markers


24 comments:

  1. Barbara, this is soooo GORGEOUS...love your coloring and that beautiful bow..I need to get some of those yummy ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the colors you chose, so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling Barb! LOVE the colors, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet as can be! I am hoping to use my "new" cupcake stamp with this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, this card is gorgeous!
    And the bow just makes it! Love the paper piecing and the coloring on our lil' PI girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bar, I love this image so much and the way you've dressed her up is just perfect! Love your big ol' bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, you have to show me how you did that ribbon...OMG, it is perfect! LOVE YOURS TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! I love the big bow at the top and you did a wonderful job with the color combo. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so cute! The paper goes perfectly with her little pot of flowers, and I love her green shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super sweet, and that big fat bow is just DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ADORE this Bar! GORGEOUS colors and coloring! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that color combo and the card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is FABULOUS!!!! Your colouring is amazing and that grass...LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this, Barbara! It's beautiful! If I could only afford one of those doily dies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! I love that dainty doily die! And your wonderful silk bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE these colors, her dress, the bow, and the patterned paper is so perfect! AND...the grass--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Bar! I LOVE ♥ LOVE your big ol' bow...and your coloring of the pretty PI gal is fab ;]

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is such a sweet card, the little girl has so much personality and looks like she's knocking on the door to deliver flowers, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just too sweet! Thanks so much for having me as a guest this month--I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...