Saturday, February 01, 2014

Happy Times–C4C #221

C4C221_2014feb1

Hey, everyone! It’s time for this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! This month our host is Kristine and this week she has chosen a color challenge—with a twist—for us. The colors are green, blue, and purple, and the twist is to have stripes somewhere on the card or project.

I decided to add chevron stripes to my card, so I got out my handy dandy Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics and cut it out four times, once each with Kraft card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Berrylicious card stock, and Grapesicle card stock. I took out all the Kraft stripes and inserted the colors and now I have three colors of the base cut out and in my stash as a bonus :) After I got that all put together, I lightly stamped it randomly with MPD Timeless and MPD Collage Backgrounds stamps using waterproof black ink. Then I swiped it all over lightly with some gesso to lighten it up. Next I added a Large Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics cut from Sour Apple card stock, and a clock from MPD Timeless and MPD Time Pieces Die-namics made from Primitive White card stock and Black Licorice card stock. Next I added some Mini Royal Roses Die-namics cut from Grapesicle card stock and finished off with a sentiment from MPD Timeless, popped up on foam.

For the inside, I used a sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings.


C4C221_2014feb1in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our awesome February Guest Designer, Danielle Lounds!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C221.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



1CAS Supplies2








~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Timeless, MPD Collage Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink: Archival brown, Archival black
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Grapesicle card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics, Large Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics, Mini Royal Roses Die-namics, MPD Time Pieces Die-namics (MFT); brad, gesso, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Bar! Love the white swipes with the ink pad effect. Must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Barb! Love the color shades you chose for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful! I love those roses! And the way you used the colors is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all the chevrons.....fab sentiment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!