Monday, October 03, 2016

MFT October Release Countdown, Day Two

countdownday2a_2016oct3

Hi and welcome to Day Two of MFT’s October Release Countdown! It’s getting close! Release is tomorrow night, October 4th, at 10pm EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing Hand-Lettered Christmas Stamp Set, Oh Christmas Trees Stamp Set, Oh Christmas Trees Die-namics, Moroccan Lattice Background, Moroccan Lattice Stencil, and Stepped Up Chevron Die-namics, previous Free With $60.



NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

I have a couple of CAS cards for you today using some of these products. For my first card, I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then on more Sweet Tooth card stock I sponged Sno Cone dye ink through Moroccan Lattice Stencil and overstamped with Distressed Patterns and Delicata Gold pigment ink and a sentiment from Hand-Lettered Christmas, stamped with Black Licorice dye ink and popped it up on foam mounting tape.

countdownday2a_2016oct3b

I framed that with Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics popped up on foam and added a couple of trees from Oh Christmas Trees, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, stamped with Jellybean Green dye ink and Gumdrop Green dye ink. I added some accents with Copic markers and popped them up on foam as well.
*****

My second card would be a great one to mass produce—easy peasy and quick and easy ;-)

countdownday2b_2016oct3

I started by applying a watercolor wash on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush. Then I stamped the sentiment from Hand-Lettered Christmas with Versamark and heat embossed with gold detail embossing powder. I added a mat of Gold Sparkle card stock and popped it up on the Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam mounting tape. To finish off I added some gold glitter enamel dots.

countdownday2b_2016oct3b

Here’s a different view so you can see the embossing better. Not only is this card quick and easy, it’s mail friendly.

And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by—hope to see you back tomorrow for the final day of
MFT’s October Release Countdown!


1newsupplies
countdownday2a_2016oct3


countdownday2b_2016oct3



~Supplies~
Tree Card:
Stamps:
Oh Christmas Trees, Hand-Lettered Christmas, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Sno Cone dye ink, Delicata Gold pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Gold Sparkle card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Oh Christmas Trees Die-namics, Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics, Moroccan Lattice Stencil, foam mounting tape, Mini Ink Blending Tool (MFT)

Sentiment Card:
Stamps:
Hand Lettered Christmas (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Gold Sparkle card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, gold detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, foam mounting tape (MFT); enamel dots, heat tool

1newsignature

9 comments:

  1. Great cards both, I love the tree set

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take a simple element and make it look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, What can I say? Beautiful! The Sno-Cone through the embossing stencil is elegant and subtle, yet beautiful. The Gold glitter frame and the trees...so perfect!

    Yet, I absolutely LOVE the second card! Red is my favorite color, and you wowed me! Your watercolor skills are amazing! And the gold lettering is perfect! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Just amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the gold splatters on the first card and then I saw the second one. What a bold and beautiful treatment! I love the non-traditional color with the large greeting with just a touch of glittery elements. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards that show off the scalloped rectangle die that is a ideal frame for Noel and your second card that show off the gorgeous hand lettered Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card....thank you so much for sharing...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Well, I thought I liked your first card. I liked the gold frame, the popped up sentiment and frame, the different colored trees, and the "splotched" background from using the stencil. Then I saw and fell in LOVE with your second card. I love the colors, the watercolor background, the layering and the gems. Gorgeous! I guess it is more my style. But both cards are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!