Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Hits & Highlights–Pastel Patterned Paper Passion

hitsandhighlightspastelpaper_2018mar27

What’s your pattern passion? Whether dots, stripes, or florals, we have you covered with our collection of patterned paper packs. This month, we’ve challenged our designers to work their magic with a specific group of them — it’s all about the pastels! Check out how these soft MFT colors have been worked into a variety of beautiful projects from the team.


Print


I adore the Graphic Grid papers and the pastel collection is one of my favorites. And since I also have a huge crush on the recently released Triangle STAX Die-namics, I decided to have them team up for this card. I wanted a little subtle interest for my card front so I heat embossed Bundles of Blossoms Background in white, then popped it up on foam on the card base. Then I cut triangles from different colors of Graphic Grid Pastel Paper Pack and adhered them to the card front, also popped up on foam. I added several cut from Silver Sparkle card stock for more interest and texture.

hitsandhighlightspastelpaper_2018mar27b

Finally, I cut Twice the Thanks Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock three times, layered them up and adhered them to the triangles. I love how this turned out—love the contrast of the grid papers and the floral background!

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Bundles of Blossoms Background
Die-namics: Triangle STAX, Twice the Thanks
Specialty Inks: Versamark
Patterned Paper: Graphic Grid Pastels
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth
Specialty Papers: Silver Sparkle
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, white detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Embossing Magic, craft tweezers, plastic eraser
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, heat tool


1newsignature_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I love that you used the patterned paper and triangles as the focal point of your card! I'd like to try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the subtle flower background. I only noticed it when I was reading your write up and went back to see it lol. Great card. TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!