Sunday, June 24, 2018

Birds of a Feather—MFT’s June Card Kit Countdown Day One!

cardkitday1_2018jun24

Hello and welcome to Day One of MFT’s June Card Kit Countdown! This month’s kit is called Birds of a Feather and it has the cutest birdie dies you have ever seen!!!! I simply love them! Then there’s flowers and leaves that are adorable but the birds!!! The kit will be available for purchase in the MFT Online Boutique Tuesday night, June 26th, at 9pm. The mid-month Free With $60 product is Simply Hello and Love You Die-namics—as long as supplies last. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details!


birdsofafeatherblogtitle

When I first saw these dies I immediately thought: Christmas ornaments!!!! So that’s where I went today. ‘Course, it would make an adorable gift tag, too, doncha think?

To begin, I stamped up some Primitive White card stock with Wood Plank Background using first, Natural dye ink, then Cement Gray dye ink to get the weathered look I was going for. I cut the birdhouse from it and added Gravel gray to cover the hole over the entire back—so you can write on it if you want. Then I cut the other elements from Kraft card stock and spread some Snowflake paste on the roof and set it aside to dry. I also cut the leaves at this point and added paste so they could all dry together.

Then I cut and assembled the birdie—I thought this one could pass as a cardinal so went with it. I stamped the sentiment from Snow Globe Sentiments on the bottom strip, added a bit of snow and began to assemble the bird house.

cardkitday1_2018jun24b

To create the back, I simply traced around the die and cut it out. I sandwiched baker’s twine in between them then popped the roof up on foam for dimension. I added the greenery and the bird and by this time the sentiment strip was dry and it was added. Before assembly, I sponged all edges with Kraft dye ink for some distressing.

And that’s it! A darling ornament or tag using the June Card Kit, Birds of a Feather. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you back tomorrow night for Day Two!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Snow Globe Sentiments, Wood Plank Background
Die-namics: Birds of a Feather

Dye Ink: Natural, Cement Gray, Kraft

Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black

MFT Card Stock: Primitive White, Kraft, Red Hot, Wild Cherry, Orange Fizz, Jellybean Green, Factory Green, Gravel Gray, Black Licorice

Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue

Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, Snowflake Paste, palette knife, Mini Ink Blending Tool

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, hot glue/gun, baker’s twine

1newsignature_thumb[1]

25 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the holiday theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara. What a gorgeous card you've created from this fabulous new kit. So sweet. Love the whole kit and can't wait to see what else you create with it. I always LOVE your designs. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you can use this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omigosh, Barbara, it's SO stinkin' cute; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a gorgeous card!!! I love cardinals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, darn it. And I love your new picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! What a fantastic ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas ornament, Barbara! I love how you added lovely details to make it your own...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet project. Love the new kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to use the kit by starting Christmas early. Wonderful ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card inspires me for the start of Christmas in july. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so creative! I'd love to make this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT birdhouse project! great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! What a great use of the kit.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally did not need this card kit at all until I saw your card! I absolutely love this Barb -- you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too wonderful... never too early to think of Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful red cardinal! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Getting us ready for Christmas already! I love how you "snowed" the edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...