Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fa La La–Color Throwdown Challenge #521

CTD521_2018nov28

Hello and welcome to a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Amy Rysavy is our hostess and she’s challenging us to some neutrals bases on her sparkly Christmas inspiration piece.


swatch521


So, I pondered a while and decided to go with some Christmas “greenery” but in gray ;-) I decided to use a silver frame for my stamping so first I drew around the frame lightly with pencil so I’d have some boundaries for the stamping. Next I stamped the sentiment from Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings on a Sweet Tooth card stock panel. Then I penciled in some lines for my greenery and stamped it using Cement Gray Premium Dye Ink.

CTD521_2018nov28b

Next I drew in some black berries with a black Copic multiliner and matted it with Black Licorice card stock and popped them up on a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape. For the finish I adhered the frame, also on foam tape.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the
Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD521 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd521 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, along with our super talented Guest Designer, Caly Person!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Caly Person – November Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings
Die-namics: Single Stitch Line Tag-Corner Rectangle STAX, A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1, A2 Rectangle STAX Set 2
Dye Ink: Cement Gray, Black Licorice
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice
Specialty Papers: Silver Sparkle
Supplies: foam mounting tape
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue, plastic eraser, Black Copic Multiliner

1newsignature_thumb[1]

6 comments:

  1. So well done. What stamp set is the greenery from? So pretty and graceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Colleen, thank you for the very kind words! I built that greenery spray from an image in the Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings Stamp Set.

      Delete
  2. Dear Barbara, I'm loving all those beautiful clean and simple (looking but not for creating) Christmas cards. They are all so gorgeous and I love all the new supplies you're using. So elegant and the animal cards are so cute and sweet. You never disappoint Barbara - I just love your style! Thanks for sharing with us yet again and thanks for all the inspiration over 2018. You have created some amazing cards this year!!!!!! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and I'll look forward to watching you create throughout the coming year. Thanks so much. Bev from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Barbara, I'm back. I've been trying to comment on your Blueprints 33 card, the kraft card with that fabulous blue flower and the Hello Beautiful words. That card is stunning. I'm crazy about the colouring of the blue flower - do you have your "go-to" colours (hopefully Copic, because I have some of those, but I can't afford the fabulous watercolour markers) to create that fantastic blue blend/ If so, I'd be so grateful if you could share that with us. The colour is so rich. I'm a bit of a dummy on the computer and just couldn't find that card to comment on, sorry. Bev from Sydney Australia yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bev, and thank you for your very kind words--they mean a lot to me. You must have seen that card on the MFT Blog. You can't find it to comment because I haven't posted it yet. I think it will post on Monday. I used Prismacolor pencils on that card because I wanted to color on Kraft card stock. I use the pencils so seldom I don't remember the names but I used three shades of the blue. If I wanted to recreate it with Copics I'd probably use BG01, BG05, and BG07. You won't get the intensity of color on Kraft with Copics but you could use a cream or off white card stock. These pencils work well on colored card stock because they're waxy and stay on top of the paper rather than soaking in like Copic ink does. I hope I've helped!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!