Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Merry & Bright–MFT November Hits & Highlights

hitsandhighlights_2018nov27

Hello and welcome to MFT’s November Hits & Highlights feature! This month we’re focusing on Christmas: “Christmas is really a full season for many of us, not a single day, so if you’re still thinking of whipping up some holiday cards, we’ve got you covered. Hits & Highlights this month is all about the bringing the feel of winter to your holiday with a cool palette featuring blues and purples…bring a little shiver of delight with wintry colors evocative of falling snow and twinkling lights.”


Print

So, I went all snowflake-y for my card ;-) I started by sponging the background using Blue Breeze, Cornflower, and After Midnight Premium Dye inks, then spritzed it with some glitter spray. I got a few splatters but decided I actually liked the look so kept it. The spray really added a ton of frosty shimmer that I couldn’t capture in the photo. Before I did that, though, I stamped the sentiment from Hand-Lettered Holiday with Versamark and heat embossed with silver detail embossing powder.

hitsandhighlights_2018nov27b

When that was all done and dry, I popped it up with foam tape on a Sweet Tooth card stock base, Then I cut some Stylish Snowflakes and Let it Snowflake Too Die-namics from Silver Sparkle card stock and adhered them with liquid glue for the finish. Definitely a design that could be easily massed produced.

And that’s it from me—love this month’s theme! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog to see what some of my team mates have for you today. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Hand-Lettered Holiday
Die-namics: Stylish Snowflakes, Let it Snowflake Too
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze, Cornflower, After Midnight
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth
Specialty Papers: Silver Sparkle
Supplies: foam mounting tape
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers, Mini Ink Blending Tool

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, silver detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Embossing Magic, plastic eraser, glitter mist spray

1newsignature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!