Thursday, May 20, 2021

This One's on Me - MFT May Slimline Challenge

 


Gift cards are convenient, and a great option for the person that has it all or is difficult to find the perfect gift for. The real fun comes in crafting just​ the perfect card to house your thoughtful present! Coordinating your card to the colors or theme of the gift card can be a fun way to make the process more interesting, and with the bonus space provided by slimline cards, the sky's the limit! Join the design team this month in creating slimline designs with gift cards in mind.




I would love to get a card with a pizza gift card, wouldn't you? How fun to open this up and imagine planning the perfect pizza on which to spend it! To begin, I created a slimline card base, cutting an 8.5" x 7" Sweet Tooth card stock panel and scored and folded it in half. To this I added a Kraft layer cut with Slimline Starter Die-namics.




To this I added Gift Wrap Patterned Paper, which resembles a plaid table cloth. Since on piece wasn't long enough I pieced it under where the sentiment stripe falls for a perfect camouflage. Next I created my pizzas, top to bottom, ham and pineapple, pepperoni, and finally a combo.



The pizzas were cut with Pizza Maker Die-namics, assembled (see card stock colors below), trimmed to fit, and adhered to the card front. The sentiment, from Gift Card Greetings, was heat embossed on Vintage Timber card stock cut with Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips and popped up on foam.




For the inside, I cut another piece of Kraft card stock with Slimline Starter, stamped the sentiment from Pizza My Heart Stamp Set with Vintage Timber dye ink, and cut the gift card slot using the just released Itty Bitty Strips Die-namics--it's perfect!! I slipped in the card, closed it up, and it's ready to send. I love this!!



And that's all I have for you today! Thanks so much for stopping by--see you soon!




All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Pizza My Heart, Gift Card Greetings
Die-namics: Pizza Maker, Slimline Starter, Slimline Slide-In, Itty Bitty Strips, Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Patterned Paper: Gift Wrap
Dye Ink: Vintage Timber
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Kraft, Vintage Timber, Moroccan Spice, Lemon Chiffon, Chantilly Cream, Grapesicle, Field Day
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Versamark, heat tool



4 comments:

  1. This card is adorable. I just had my pizza die-namics out designing cards for my fall classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. What a perfect way to give a gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just so cute I love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!