Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Hello, Friend - Color Throwdown Challenge #681

 


Hey there and welcome to a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! Amy Rysavy is our hostess this week and she has a super sweet color combo for us based on her gorgeous inspiration piece. Hope to see lots of y'all playing along with us this week!





Well, this color combo said flowers to me, of course, and who am I to fight flowers, right? I got out my Flower Silhouette Stamp Set and Flower Silhouettes Die-namics, to which I haven't shown any love lately and which is one of my favorite MFT products, and stamped them up on Sweet Tooth card stock with Cotton Candy, Poppin' Pink, Sour Apple, and Jalapeño Popper dye ink. Once done, I tied them together in a bouquet with some baker's twine and set them aside. 





I trimmed a Sweet Tooth card stock card front and adhered it to a Sweet Tooth card stock base on which I added some Stripe Splash Patterned Paper. Next I popped the bouquet up on the card front with foam tape along with the partial sentiment from Essential Sentiments Stamp Set stamped on Cotton Candy card stock. The rest of the sentiment was cut from Silver Sparkle card stock with Thank You for Being a Friend Die-namics and likewise popped up on foam. To finish off I added some glitter enamel dots.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword #CTD681 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd681 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
 (<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Susie Moore
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen




All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Essential Sentiments, Flower Silhouettes
Die-namics: Flower Silhouettes, Thank You for Being a Friend
Patterned Paper: Stripe Splash
Dye Ink: Cotton Candy, Poppin' Pink, Sour Apple, Jalapeño Popper
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Cotton Candy, Silver Sparkle
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, tape runner, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, glitter enamel dots



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!