Friday, August 06, 2010

Thank you - Stamp Simply #151


August 6 - ssnotime151 - One Layer Card - Today's challenge is brought to us by Barbara Anders and here is what Barbara says: I'm challenging everyone to make a one layer card. That means only the card base--not the base + one other layer--no layers allowed, LOL! Embellish however you want--ribbon, buttons, bling, scoring--anything goes, but no layers. Sounds fun, Barbara -- can't wait to try this and anxious to see what everyone does!

OK, now, don't freak out--these are not really as scary as they seem! Really! I fell totally in love with a card Nichole Heady made with this PTI set: Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley when it was introduced and it came to mind when I was thinking about what to do for this card. I stamped the image on Kraft card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the sentiment and planned to add some flat back pearls but after I drew the black frame around the image it really didn't need anything else. I did lightly place some pearls to see what they looked like but they were too much. This image needs no embellishment, I'm thinkin'.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime151 if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love, and help us welcome August's Guest Designer!

Charlene Driggs - August Guest Designer

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley (PTI)
Paper: Kraft (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Prismacolor pencils/blending stumps/OMS; Black Multiliner pen


29 comments:

  1. Stunning, Barbara! You're right, this gorgeous image stands alone. What a lovely creation ... elegant, simple, beautiful!

    Have a great weekend, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you.It is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAA, **gasp** Cough, snort, choke... WOW BARBARA!!!!! SO seriously BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks so good: I thought it was cut out (the flowers) and popped up on demensionals!! I had to look closely to see that it was only one layer: what a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I just love it Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such simple elegance! I just love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT OLC -- you are right -- needs not a thing more! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *gasp* These flowers just POP off the card Barbara! Amazing in design, and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image, beautifully colored. Love it on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. One layer cards do scare me a bit. I'll have to try again! Wonderful inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The coloring on the flower actually makes them look as if they are paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Barbara the card is outstanding!. I have to try it. The best part is that it will mail so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Barb! This is just STUNNING!!! LOVE the CAS look and your coloring is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow--just beautiful on the kraft paper...that border is just the perfect touch as well...gorgeous! Thanks for the fun challenge Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're just sickening, you know it??? ;) HOW in the WORLD one layer can look SO FREAKIN' STUNNING is beyond me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring, that frame is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! I really need to start using my set too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Barb... Thanks for a great challenge!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful and the pen line as a frame is a great touch

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS CAS card Barbara, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wit-Whewwwww, absolutely stunning! Love those white flowers against the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now this is a gorgeous as can be! LOVE the image and your coloring is, well spectacular, Barbara! Thanks for a great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Barbara, your card looks incredible! I Love that you stamped on Kraft. Beautiful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE pencils on kraft---- this card is a knockout--- Beautifully colored -- the border you added completes it perfectly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!