Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Thank You–CTD #204

CTD204_2012aug8


Hi, everyone! Back again with this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! This week, the awesome Broni has an awesome color combo for us…

swatch 204

OK, I have to admit, this color combo SCARED me when I first saw it, LOL! But, you know I’m a patterned paper girl and I remembered I had something that might work—and it did, perfectly!

I decided that since my papers were pretty “busy” I would go kinda simple with my card design and I love how it turned out. I cut a bunch of Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX strips, trimmed some in half, and adhered them to my base card. I tore another piece of patterned paper for the top strip and stitched it down. Then I stamped the sentiment from MFT’s Thanks a Bunch and added a twine tied button as an accent. The white space was a perfect balance to the patterned paper, I think, don’t you?

And here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

CTD204_2012aug8in

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

And that’s it! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD204 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Vickie Zimmer (August Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Thanks a Bunch (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock (MFT); Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX (MFT); button, twine, sewing machine

 

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Barbara. Love those lovely strips and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those banners and the stitched piece at the top is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great design, Bar...I just love how you used the dies and the paper is just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, those patterned papers are PERFECT for this week's challenge. I love the CAS design with the flags, too!...very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsa!! This is AWESOME Bar! LOVE the different patterns on the flags! FABULOUS design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous clean and simple design! Love how you used the Fishtail Stax strips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent card for the challenge Bar! The patterns on your designer paper banners is perfect for the inspiration piece and I love the CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simple, clean design with just the perfect details of stitching and the button! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...