Saturday, May 31, 2014

Go with the Flow–C4C #238

C4C238_2014may31


Welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges challenge! School's Out!! Or soon will be in the US. What are your fun plans for vacation this summer? Going on a trip, the beach, hanging around the pool? Gardening? Just plain chilling out? Whatever your plans are, my challenge for this week is to use them to inspire your card or project.

Last summer, my DH and I went to Belize for a week, specifically Ambergris Caye and I’m definitely planning a return this year, so I let that inspire my card design for this week.

I started with a Kraft card stock base, then added a layer of Grout Gray card stock stamped with Steel Gray Hybrid ink and Wood Plank Background. I stamped the image, from Inspired by the Beach, on X-Press It Blending card and colored it with Copic markers, then airbrushed the sky. I cut it out with Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics and sponged the edges with Kraft ink. Before I adhered it to my card front, I wrapped around some hemp cord and added some netting, created with cheesecloth, ink, and clear embossing powder, then popped the image up on foam. I tied on a Steel Gray button with more hemp cord and added the sentiment, stamped on a LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags Die-namics.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside. I’m going to do all these things :)


C4C238_2014may31in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our fabulous May Guest Designer,
Melody Rupple!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C238.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by the Beach, Wood Plank Background (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray Hybrid ink, Black Licorice Hybrid ink, Kraft ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Grout Gray card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics, LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags Die-namics, Steel Gray button, hemp cord (MFT); cheese cloth, clear embossing powder, heat tool, Copic markers


1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

  1. Loved this card ... my DH would LOVE to be swinging in that hammock, any time of year.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too....heading off to coastal Maine in a couple of weeks.....can't wait.......love the driftwood bkgd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...