Friday, October 17, 2008

Got nuts?

I bought this stamp months ago with this card in mind. My brother feeds squirrels on his deck and I'm always telling him he's nuts or squirrel-y, so it's perfect for his birthday card. I'm using this card for the SCS SC198, too.

I stamped my little squirrel on water color paper with Basic Black and colored him with markers and my blender pen (I really *do* love how it works!) using Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Really Rust, and outlining him with Sahara Sand for a little dimension. He was cut/embossed with Nestabilites and matted on Really rust. The sentiment was stamped with my Making Memories magnetic set in Chocolate Chip and cut/embossed and matted in the same way. I was going to use my new Just Rite stamping block and alphabet but I realized there was no "?" in the set! Or any punctuation marks at all! What's up with that??? So, back to the drawing board and the MM set.

My card base is Very Vanilla with two designs from the K & Co. Fall Harvest mat pack, both layered with Chocolate Chip. The half-circle element was first embossed with my Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder, then layered on Chocolate Chip and cut in half. I added a scalloped border on the cut side to finish it off better. Three brown brads balance the lower part and the stamped elements are up on dimensionals. This was a really fun card to make. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe: Stamps--Squirrel (Delta); Paper--Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust (SU!), Fall Harvest mat pack (K & Co.); Ink--Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Basic Black; Accessories--Cuttlebug, Leafy Branch embossing folder, Nestabilities, brads (craft store), dimensionals.

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!