Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Color Throwdown #26


This card is for Color Throwdown #26. Broni Holcombe chose these colors and I think they're just fantastic together: Basic Black, Kraft, and Pink Passion.

Pink Passion is a "strong" pink so I wanted to keep it to a minimum but still be a major part of the design. I think I achieved that goal with this card. My base card is Basic Black with a layer of Pink Passion and then Kraft. The focal element is an unknown stamp from a craft store--looks like cherry blossoms to me. It's stamped on Georgia Pacific card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, since I planned to color it with my Copics (see markers that I used below--I used W3 and E31 to make Kraft). It was then cut/embossed with long rectangle Nestabilities die, as was the black mat. I also ran a line from a gold paint pen around the edge of the image panel to give it a little more definition and popped it all up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from PTI's Birthday Basics on Whisper White with Basic Black ink and punched out with a large oval SU! punch. It was layered on Basic Black that was punched with the Designer Label punch which was trimmed a little on the top and bottom to make it fit in the space better. A little hot pink "gem" was added and then it was popped up on 3M foam squares. The pink gingham ribbon and bow finish it off.


C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD26 so we can see your beauty all in one place.

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
unknown; Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Georgia Pacific; Basic Black, Kraft, Pink Passion (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug; Nestabilities; ribbon, 3M foam squares, pink "gem" (craft store); Designer Label and large oval punches (SU!)
; Copics

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that image and the bow! The little gem is just the right touch of sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Bar! I love cherry blossoms, and that pretty pink gingham is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, Barb! Very peaceful way to use these colors!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Barbara! I love that image and the bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous - I love that branch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!