Monday, January 19, 2009

Love is in the air

This card is for Mercy's sketch challenge #25--just a wee bit late ;-). But that's OK, it's a great sketch and it was fun to do. It also qualifies for CCEE Stampers' challenge today: use a fish or fish lips on your card. I've been wanting to do this little Fluffles stamp and this was a perfect sketch with which to use him.

My base card is Chocolate chip, the next layer is Real Red and the next is Pretty In Pink, run through my Cuttlebug with the Love Language folder. The focal image was stamped on Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select White Cardstock with Chocolate Chip craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (I tried several times with Momento ink and the fish kept bleeding outside the lines!). It was then colored with copics (see below). Then it was cut/embossed with an oval Nestabilities die and matted on Pretty In Pink and Chocolate chip. Three flat-backed hearts accent the bottom of the A 1" red gingham bow (I love the big ribbons and bows!) finishes it off. The focal image is up on 3M foam squares.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Fishy Fluffles (Stampendous)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Stamper's Select White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Chocolate Chip craft ink (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); flat-backed hearts (Hero Arts); Cuttlebug and oval Nestabilites, Copics, clear embossing powder, heat gun

6 comments:

  1. Hey, the requirements were to have a fish or fish parts on your card. You have a fish and fish parts! It's not your fault that your fish can't be swimming right now! Darn Fluffles! Snort!

    Its adorable and fun...thanks for playing today! I say your only stamp with a fish on it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe this is too cute .... love your fish .... and I think Fluffles does too hehe ... thanks for playing our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. barbara...this is so sweet! i love those little fluffles images!

    thanks for paying along with my sketch, adn i hope to see you again this week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute---I do not believe I have any fish or fish lips stamps!! Great take on the challenge and such a cute image!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh super cute! I love that Fluffles image and your design is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!