Saturday, April 04, 2009

Pink Bunny Slippers

This card was done for MFT Who's That Girl Challenge #28. The featured set was Bunny Slippers and the challenge was to use at least two punches on the card. OK, I can do that ;-) I'm using Jen Del Muro's SFYTT for this week, but I flipped it to accommodate my focal image.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Pretty In Pink, and DP from the Sabrina 6 x 6 pad by Making Memories with a black satin ribbon tied around in a knot. The first element is more of the same. The focal image was stamped on DP with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and entirely paper pieced. These WTG images are so well suited for paper piecing!! Then it was layered on Pretty In Pink and Basic Black and popped up on 3M foam squares. I stitched around all of the card elements with my sewing machine before assembling. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and punched with my 1" circle punch, layered on a Pretty In Pink oval punch out layered on a Designer Label punch out. I added a black faceted jewel and tied it on with black Perle cotton. I like it!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Bunny Slippers (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Sabrina 6 x 6 pad (Making Memories)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, jewel, Perle cotton (craft store); 1" circle, oval, and Designer label punches (SU!)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and cozy. I like the colors and great paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!