Saturday, April 18, 2009

Violets Are Blue

When I saw Flourishes' new release Sweet Violets, I knew I had to have it. I love to garden and I love botanical images, and I do love Flourishes' stamps based on illustrations by Marcella Hawley. I colored it this time with Copics but next time it'll be with watercolors. I'm using the sketch from SCS Sketch Challenge #224 for my layout. It's perfect for a large image like this!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Mellow Moss, Brilliant Blue, and Bo Bunny Denim Calico DP. The next element is more Mellow Moss, Brilliant Blue, and the flip side of the Bo Bummy paper, cut in strips to follow the sketch. The focal image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). Then I sponged very lightly on top of the violets with Bashful Blue and around the leaves with Creamy Caramel ink. I then punched the corners with my Ticket Corner punch, did the same to the Brilliant Blue mat, and matted again with Mellow Moss. Then I popped it up on 3M foam squares and added some bright blue Dew Drops to the corners. This is a really sweet set and fun to color! Hope you like it!

Thanks for dropping in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Sweet Violets (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Brilliant Blue (SU!); Pure Luxury 80 lb paper (Gina K.); Denim Calico DP (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; Ticket Corner punch (SU!); Dew Drops

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, love this....this is the FREE set I got, I can't wait to receive it--maybe today??!! Love those dew drops, such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bar, this is really gorgeous! Awesome coloring and that paper is so perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! super image and coloring! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I can't believe I've missed all these beautiful cards you've been working on. This one is absolutely amazing! Love the way you used those Copics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!