Saturday, October 15, 2011

Outlines Rubber Stamps - C4C #109

Hi, all, happy Saturday! Since it's Saturday, it's Crazy 4 Challenges day. And since it's the third Saturday, it's a sponsor week. This month's sponsor is Outlines Stamps.

Tammy is our hostess again today and her challenge is to make a project for the upcoming holidays. Get all the details at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

I jumped on the chance to use these stamps because I knew about these ornaments and ornament toppers and had been wanting to give them a try. Oh. My. Word. I never dreamed they'd be so much fun to use and turn out so pretty!

I'm an over-the-top Christmas decorator and this year I'm adding a new tree theme: peacocks. So I went with peacock colors for my ornament. This turned out better than my wildest dreams, so I'm going to make 5 more just like this one. The first one took me about an hour and a half, but that was because I went back and cut more off the middle and top layers than I did at first. The next ones won't take so long. This is the Jewel Ornament Topper stamp. The rhinestones were clear and I colored them to match with Copic markers.



And then, who knows what color combo or themes I'll work on :) And, can we say fabulous Christmas gifts, boys and girls? Oh, yeah, we can say that :)

I also got an ornament stamp, and here's a card using the Round Ornament stamp. Love all the layers of color. Wouldn't it be gorgeous to do the same layers on the other side and end up with a dimensional ornament that you could actually hang? In any color combo you want? It's on my list :)


Now I have to say, after using these stamps I had to have more. So, I have an order in for the holly ornament toppers AND the poinsettia ornament toppers. Both designs require two stamps but they are gorgeous! Boy, am I gonna be having me some Christmas fun--I can't wait to get them!

Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C109.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies
Stamps: Jewel Ornament Topper, Round Ornament (Outlines Rubber Stamps)
Paper: Various card stocks; Holly Jolly Christmas 
Ink: Versamark
Accessories/tools: heat tool, gold fine detail embossing powder; rhinestones. Copic markers


19 comments:

  1. These are so pretty. I just love your ornaments. I also wanted to let you know I pinned them to my pinterest and add a link back to your blog to give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous Barb, that bauble will look awesome on your tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Wow, again! This Peacock Ornament is just Stunning!
    I went and checked out the stamp you used and it's nice but what you did with the embossing and cutting the 3 layers I think it's Beautiful!!
    Never heard of "Outlines Rubber Stamps" but have it bookmarked now!
    The second project is Lovely too! and yes I totally agree about making it double sided and using it for a real ornament would be perfect, even if it was made with the same colors as the topper one and give the card ornament with the round Ornament with topper, Oh what a perfect gift!!!! My mind is spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ornament topper is GORGEOUS! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ordering that stamp RIGHT NOW! That is the most beautiful ornament ever! The ornament card is pretty, too. These would be perfect for ornament exchanges. I better get busy! ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Bar.. that ornament is a stunner! I would say "yes, boys and girls, that is one great gift idea!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous peacock ornament!! So creative - and brilliantly designed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow! I was thinking of getting that ornament stamp and after looking at your ornament, I think I must! Beautiful job on both your ornament and card. . .they look so elegant!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this....I'm in a Christmas ornament swap...and this would be so cool to give...and to make for my own tree....thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous ornament! Beautiful card! Pretty pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers, is that peacock-colored ornament ever gorgeous!! Would love to see a pic of your tree with this theme! The card is also a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are just stunning! i need to check out some of these stamps too- what awesome gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey GF...the ornament is FABULOUS...it took my breath away when I first saw it! The card is another stunner! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These are absolutely stunning!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! This ornament is super gorgeous -- I've got to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, ya' already know how much I love this but just telling you again! Can't wait to get my own completed! Thanks for the awesome inspiration and for letting me use your stamp and cardstock! :) And the card with the other ornament is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!