Tuesday, August 28, 2018

MFT August Hits & Highlights—Hit the Trail

hitsandhighlights_2018aug28

Time to head west, crafters! Our team of intrepid designers is embarking on an adventure exploring our assortment of western-themed products. You’ll find everything from adorable characters from Birdie Brown’s Saddle up & Celebrate to desert-dwelling critters and heat-loving cacti. Grab your hat, grab your spurs…we’re hitting the trail.

Print

What fun, right? I gave this some thought and decided to create a lonely desert scene where the sentiment was front and center. So, first I sponged my background, using Daffodil, Orange Zest, and After Midnight premium dye inks and a mini ink blending tool. Then I created my rocky hills with BB Icebergs Die-namics, totally inspired by my talented fellow design team member Amy Yang. She did this last month and it was GENIUS so I had to copy her idea! I cut them from Tangy Orange card stock and did some highlighting with a Copic marker

hitsandhighlights_2018aug28b

I added a million stars, ‘cause this is big sky country, but splattering some watered down Copic Opaque White, and a moon rising behind the rocks, cut from Lemon Chiffon card stock with Beach Scene Builder Die-namics. Next I cut Grassy Hills from Black Licorice card stock and to create the look of the glow from the campfire, I simply scrubbed on some orange Prismacolor pencil. The campfire is from Best in the West, was stamped with Extreme Black hybrid ink, colored, and fussy cut out then adhered. I also stamped some cacti from Llama Love, black on black, cut them out and added them to the scene. To finish off, I added the sentiment, Miss You Die-namics, also cut from Black Licorice card stock. Lots of foam tape was used throughout for dimension.

And that’s it from me—love how dramatic it is! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog to see what some of my team mates have for you today. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Best in the West, Llama Love
Die-namics: Grassy Hills, BB Icebergs, Miss You, Beach Scene Builder
Dye Ink: Daffodil, Orange Zest, After Midnight
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Lemon Chiffon, Tangy Orange, Black Licorice, No-Line Coloring Card Stock
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Copic Opaque White
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Nuvo Brush Set, Precision Scissors
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter


1newsignature_thumb[1]

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scenery especially that sky...I loved how you transformed everything into a desert like scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! Love the sky yes...fantastical! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! You have really captured the look of the West at sunset!! Your sky looks like it sparkles. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a striking card, Barbara! Your background is so cool and your color palette is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful and reminds me of Sedona, AZ. If you haven’t been there, it’s a must see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt think your cards could get any better. This card is amazing. I have to agree with you also, that Amy (yang) is very talented! TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...