Friday, June 28, 2019

Sending You Sunshine--Doodlebug Pop-Up Shadow Box Card


Hi everyone, Barbara here with a super fun card idea for you today. I'm using several Doodle Stamps and Doodle Cuts to create this pop-up shadow box card. A simple Google search for "pop-up shadow box card" will yield you tons of tutorials so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here, just tell you how and what I used for this card. I began by cutting white card stock to 5 1/2" x 6 1/4", scored at 1/2" and " on each short end to end up with an A2 size card when it's folded down. Once I had the back scored and folded, I added some sky using Simply Spring 6 x 6 paper pad. I cut the opening for the front out of an identical sized piece of white card stock with a rectangle die, scored and folded it, and added some grass to the bottom and the bottom of the background with paper from Hoppy Easter 6 x 6 paper pad. 


 















Next I stamped the images from Flower Girl, Oh, Boy!, and Rainbows & Unicorns Doodle Stamps, cut them out with the coordinating dies, and colored them with Copic markers. Then I arranged the colored elements until I was happy with it and adhered them to the back panel with Foam tape. The clouds were adhered to the back of the front panel for added dimension. Another fun element was added by adhering the bee to a narrow strip of clear acetate card stock then sandwiched that between the front and back panels as they were adhered together. Here's a little video to show the interaction this creates:



How cute is that??? To finish up I heat embossed the sentiment from Oh, Boy! Doodle Stamps on black card stock and popped it up on foam at the bottom of the card front. There are all sorts of ways to use this simple interactive design with your Doodle Stamps and Doodle Cuts so I hope you'll make one of these super fun cards soon!

That's it from me today! Thanks for stopping by!


Doodlebug Supplies:
Flower Girl Doodle Stamps
Oh, Boy! Doodle Stamps
Rainbows & Unicorns Doodle Stamps
Flower Girl Doodle Cuts
Oh, Boy! Doodle Cuts
Rainbows & Unicorns Doodle Cuts
White card stock
Black card stock
Simply Spring 6 x 6 paper pad
Hoppy Easter 6 x 6 paper pad

Other Supplies
Paper cutter
Die-cutting machine
Copic markers
Copic friendly black ink
Stamp positioner
White detail embossing powder
Versamark
Heat tool




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!