Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Hello There, Beautiful–Color Throwdown Challenge #591































Hello and welcome to a new
Color Throwdown Challenge!! This week Amy Rysavy is our hostess and she’s chosen a monochromatic color palette for us to work with.






I rarely do monochromatic designs so a challenge every now and then is good for me, right? I already had a design in mind as I’d decided to seriously CASE this card by my amazing MFT teammate Laura Dovalo the first chance I had—I didn’t know it would be this soon, but I love how it turned out with these colors! Thanks for the idea, Laura!!

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, on which I adhered paper from Birthday Brights paper pad, then worked on another panel of Sweet Tooth card stock for the card front. I cut Bold Beautiful Die-namics from Boysenberry, Razzle Berry, and Cotton Candy card stocks and piece the letters until I was happy. Once that was done I popped that up on the card base with foam tape.
































The sentiment is from More Essential Sentiments, heat embossed on Boysenberry card stock that were cut with Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-namics and popped up on foam. Enamel dots in the challenge colors finished it off.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD591 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd591 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week along with our April Guest Designer, Judy Rozema!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Judy Rozema – April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!






All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: More Essential Sentiments
Die-namics: Bold Beautiful, Stitched Sentiment Strips
Patterned Paper: Birthday Brights
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Boysenberry, Razzle Berry, Cotton Candy, Sweet Tooth
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Scor-Buddy, heat tool, enamel dots

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!