Monday, April 12, 2021

Final Countdown - One Day Until MFT's April Release!!

 


Hello and welcome to Day One of MFT's April Release Countdown! Release is tomorrow, April 13th, at 10am Eastern so set your clocks! And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for ALL the details! Today we're previewing Read Me like a Book Stamp Set, Read Me like a Book Die-namics, Bright Future Stamp Set, Bright Future Die-namics, Sprinkling You with Love Stamp Set, and Sprinkling You with Love Die-namics.







How sweet is this image??? VERY sweet, amiright?? I couldn't wait to paper piece her shirt so I stamped the image three times with Extreme Black hybrid ink, twice on No Line Coloring card stock and once on Birthday Brights Paper Pad. The patterned paper and one of the others were stamped partially: only the area I needed :) The image was cut with the coordinating Die-namics and colored with Copic markers. The shirt was cut out and the book image also colored with Copics and cut out. Once all that was done I adhered the shirt first and then the books. IRL there's a lot of dimension which is what I was going for.




Next I added a panel of Black & White Stripes Paper Pad, then a panel of Sweet Tooth card stock on which I'd spread molding paste through English Brick Wall Stencil and when dry, went over it with Moroccan Spice dye ink. I popped it up at a wonky angle with foam tape and tied with baker's twine. 




I added two strips of patterned paper across the bottom along with the sentiment, heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock cut with Essential Stitched Sentiment Strips and also popped up on foam. The image was adhered with foam, as well, for the finish.

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the December MFT and Friends Feature!






All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: PI Read Me Like a Book, PI Bright Future
Die-namics: PI Read Me Like a Book, Essential Stitched Sentiment Strips, Fishtail Foundations
Stencils: English Brick Wall
Patterned Paper: Poppin' Polka Dots, Black & White Stripes, Woodgrain Whimsy, Birthday Brights
Dye Ink: Moroccan Spice
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Black Licorice
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, water brush, sponge daubers, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, baker's twine, molding paste, palette knife, heat tool, Versamark



4 comments:

  1. Your brick wall is fabulous to add color and texture. Reminds me of my school days as I was a big reader and all of my schools were constructed from brick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love this layout. I am so glad to see more school related images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love what you did with layering the banners.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!