Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Hello - Color Throwdown Challenge #690

 


Hello, it's time for a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge!! This week Wanda is our hostess and she's challenging up to a very modern color combo: navy, mustard, and gray. Hope to see lots of you playing along this week!




I used gold instead of mustard but otherwise stuck to the palette and the inspiration piece. I love scattering geometric shapes on a card front and wasn't about to miss this chance. 



To begin, I cut several sizes of Stitched Tall Triangle STAX Die-namics from each of the challenge colors. Next, I adhered a trimmed-down Sweet Tooth card stock panel on a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape and started arranging my triangles. Once I was pleased with the arrangement, I adhered some down directly to the card front and popped the rest up on foam.



For the sentiment, I cut Sweet Hello Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and Translucent Vellum, adhered them together, and to the card front with foam tape. I finished off with some enamel dots in the challenge colors. I love how this turned out!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword #CTD690 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd690 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!



All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Die-namics: Stitched Tall Triangle STAX, Sweet Hello
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Blue Beyond, Gravel Gray, Gold Shine, Translucent Vellum
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, tape runner, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Scor-Buddy, Glassboard, enamel dots


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!