Tuesday, March 28, 2017

MFT March Creative Construction With Blueprints–Scallops, Scallops, Everywhere

CCwithBP_2017mar28

Dainty, delicate scallops add femininity and softness to your creations. Our collection of Blueprints includes so many scallop options - from panels detailed by a perimeter of scallops, to edge-only dies that allow you to create panels of any size, you’ll find the perfect finishing touch for any project. Join our team this month as they share some of their own scalloped projects.


MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar
I love Blueprints 20 Die-namics with the whole quilt theme going on so I decided to try to expand on that a bit today. I started by doing a watercolor rainbow on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless watercolors, then splattered with black from my Kuretake Gansai watercolors. Next I stamped Abstract Background with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder—I was going for a “crazy quilt” look. I had seen a pieced quilt on Pinterest that was done in a rainbow pattern like this and love it so I used it for inspiration.

CCwithBP_2017mar28b


I cut that with Blueprints 20 Die-namics and then matted it with Sweet Tooth card stock cut with the scallop layer from Blueprints 20 Die-namics. I popped it up on a Black Licorice card stock base with foam mounting tape and added Thanks Die-namics cut from Black Licorice card stock. I though that was pretty much all it needed to be finished.

And that’s it for the March edition of
MFT’s Creative Construction with Blueprints! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!



1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Abstract Background (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth Card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Thanks Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, MISTI (MFT); Kuretake Gansai watercolors

1newsignature

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...