Monday, July 24, 2017

All Smiles - MFT July Card Kit Countdown, Day One

cardkitday1_2017jul24


Hi, everyone, today is the first day of peeks at MFT’s July Card Kit, All Smiles Card Kit! Lots of lovely blooms in this kit and a wonderful sentiment set, along with dies for both. What’s not to love?


SensationalStitchedFlowers_KitPeek

Before I get to my card, I wanted to mention that with this stamp and die set, MFT is introducing a foolproof method of lining up your stamps and dies perfectly. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always struggled to line up asymmetrical stamps and dies, especially flower petals, perfectly. This makes it a piece of cake! Essentially you line up an arrow built into the stamp base photopolymer with a poke hole in the die and it’s magic! It’s called Smart Align and you can find out all about it and how it works from the video on the MFT blog today.

I wanted to do something a little different so I started by cutting the front of my card base with dies from the Plentiful Petals stamp set in the kit. Once I did that, I stamped leaves on the card front using
Sour Apple dye ink and Gumdrop Green dye ink. Next I stamped and cut a lot of flowers Cotton Candy dye ink, Lemon Drop dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Peach Bellini dye ink, Persimmon dye ink, Pineapple dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, and Tickled Pink dye ink. Using the opening in the card front, I positioned the flowers on the INSIDE of the card and adhered them with foam mounting tape. This gives them some dimension but did not make it very thick at all.

cardkitday1_2017jul24b

Next I stamped the sentiment, from All Smiles, on the inside back and adhered Heat Resistant Acetate to the inside front, to create a “window” through which to view the flowers. I cut Double the Smiles Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock several times, adhered them together, and added it to the front and was done.

Here’s a real quick video showing how the inside and outside interact better.




And there you have Day One of
All Smiles Card KitMFT’s July card kit. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you back tomorrow for Day Two! Release is tomorrow night, July 25th, at 9pm so make a note!


1newsupplies      

All Smiles Card Kit
All Smiles Card Kit

My Favorite Things
Black Licorice Dye Ink
Black Licorice Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Cotton Candy Dye Ink
Cotton Candy Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Gumdrop Green Dye Ink
Gumdrop Green Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Lemon Drop Dye Ink
Lemon Drop Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Peach Bellini Dye Ink
Peach Bellini Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Persimmon Dye Ink
Persimmon Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Pineapple Dye Ink
Pineapple Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Ripe Raspberry Dye Ink
Ripe Raspberry Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Sour Apple Dye Ink
Sour Apple Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Tickled Pink Dye Ink
Tickled Pink Dye Ink

My Favorite Things
Heat Resistant Acetate
Heat Resistant Acetate

My Favorite Things
Smart Grid Paper Pad
Smart Grid Paper Pad

My Favorite Things
MISTI
MISTI

My Favorite Things
Square Bone Folder
Square Bone Folder

My Favorite Things
Scor-Buddy
Scor-Buddy

My Favorite Things
QuickStik Pick-Up Tool
QuickStik Pick-Up Tool

My Favorite Things
Fineline Glue Bottle
Fineline Glue Bottle

My Favorite Things
Foam Mounting Tape
Foam Mounting Tape

My Favorite Things
Multi Medium Matte Glue
Multi Medium Matte Glue

My Favorite Things
  

~Supplies~
Stamps:
All Smiles Card Kit (MFT)
Ink:
Cotton Candy dye ink, Gumdrop Green dye ink, Lemon Drop dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Peach Bellini dye ink, Persimmon dye ink, Pineapple dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Tickled Pink dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
All Smiles Card Kit, Heat Resistant Acetate (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
All Smiles Card Kit, foam mounting tape, Multi Medium Matte Glue, MISTI, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Fineline Glue Bottle, Smart Grid Paper Pad (MFT)

1newsignature

27 comments:

  1. What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever cut out design! Pretty card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I love this card, what a great idea! I never thought to add a dimensional cut to the interior of a card, I'll definitely try this. Isn't this kit amazing? I love the new easy align, MFT has made it so easy for us to make perfect cards every time. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an ingenious idea. Love the card design and all the pretty colors you chose. Can't wait to get my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Barb! This is absolutely gorgeous! Leave it to you to be so creative and clever! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the dimension and the bright colors. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great idea. Can't wait to try this.Thank you for the inspiration. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing! I will be trying this idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Love this technique idea,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever and unique idea for using this set of stamps and dies. I can't wait to try that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the video, it really showed off the beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever and so pretty...cool idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara the cut out card front with the inside flowers is so clever--always love a different take on a card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Bar!!! Love it...and Hi! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...