This is it! My Favorite Things January 2010 Blog Hop! If you got here from Frances' blog you're good, if not, you might want to head on back to Kim's blog and the beginning because you can take my word that you *do not* want to miss a single thing :)
Ok, are you back? Good. If you've been following the teasers, you've seen a few projects made using the new Bling 'Ber set, which is a companion to Bling 'Bet (sold out right now...hmmmm, you think word about this new set has gotten around? Keep checking back--it'll be restocked!). Bling 'Ber has been much anticipated and I'm so happy to finally get it because I've been planning my project for MONTHS!!! MONTHS, I tell you!!! The first thing that came to mind for me when I thought about numbers to match Bling 'Bet was a clock. I thought that redoing a clock face would be a fun project and that I'd end up with a one-of-a-kind decor item for my Girl Cave--you know how I *love* to do decor items ;-) And I was right! Here's my clock:
I chose the colors based on the colors in my Girl Cave--the walls are salmon and the trim white. How about I run through a few of the steps to show you how easy--and fun--this was?
1. First, I took the face and hands off. This is the clock I had in my Girl Cave--it's a $5 clock from Wal*Mart (and a pretty boring one at that!) so I didn't have much to lose, LOL. I traced around the cover on card stock to get my base.
2. When buying your clock (or choosing an old one to spruce up, as I did), make sure there's enough space between the hands and the face so the hands won't rub against any embellishments you use. You can see there's plenty of room for the Swarovski crystals that I'd planned for my clock.
3. Here, you see my base cut out and I've stamped all my numbers with Groovy Guava (SU!) ink and started cutting them out. I wasn't about to take a chance on stamping directly on the base ;-)
4. I cut a hole in the center for the mechanism, then divided the base into sections with a pencil, a ruler, and my gridded paper. These lines helped me get my numbers placed accurately onto the base.
5. Here are the numbers attached and the pencil lines erased. I wanted the numbers in place before I stamped my image so I could see where to place everything.
6. Then I laid out the stamps I wanted to use on the base to get an idea for placement. The only set I ever considered was The Poppies. The sentiment "stamps, ink & rock 'n roll" was a no-brainer for a stampin' Girl Cave, don't you think?
7. And I held my breath and stamped :) There's a little masking going on, as you can see, using Eclipse masking tape.
8. From there I colored the images and added bling to the numbers. I also added some crystals around the mechanism shaft because the hole I cut was...well, let's just say it was a little less than perfect ;-)
Another look at the finished project. Even my DH thinks it's cute :)
Thanks for dropping in! I hope you've been inspired to try your hand with this new set--there are so many things you can do with it! I can hear the wheels turning right now, LOL! Your next stop on this fantastic tour is the fabulous JOANNE! I *know* she has something jaw-droppingly gorgeous for you to see so get on over there :) And, don't forget there's BLOG CANDY *somewhere* along the hop but we're not tellin' where, so you might want to be sure to leave comments on each blog so you'll be in the running.
Stamps: Bling 'Ber, The Poppies (MFT)
Paper: Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Pure Luxury 80lb (Gina K.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Groovy Guava (SU!)
Accessories: Copic markers; Quickie Glue Pen; Swarovski Crystals (MFT); Eclipse masking tape