Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Peace, Love, Joy–CTD #219

CTD219_2012nov21


Hello there, friends! It’s
Color Throwdown time! This week’s colors were chosen by my BFF, Tammy, and I’m in love! I adore non-traditional Christmas colors and IMO, these are tops in that category!

 

swatch 219


My card is pretty simple but the bling dresses it up. I was also totally inspired by the inspiration piece Tammy used. So, I cut a frame from silver glitter paper with my Die-namics Designer Labels 1 STAX and popped it up on bits of foam. I cut the ornament from my Die-namics Christmas Ornaments Die Only using Sno Cone card stock and added a silver hanger and some silver cord. The holly leaf is also from Die-namics Christmas Ornaments Die Only and I added some jewels that I colored the color of Bermuda Bay with a Copic marker. I used Sweet Tooth card stock and Steel Gray card stock for my base card and added a Blue Raspberry button under a clear button for another pop of color. The sentiment was stamped with gray ink and is from Clearly Sentimental About Christmas.

Here’s the inside, with another sentiment from the set, along with more Copic-colored jewels:

CTD219_2012nov21in

 

Here are the Die-namics dies I used for this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

 

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD219 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome October Guest Designer, Lynn Mercurio!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Lynn Mercurio (November Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.



Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About Christmas (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Sno Cone card stock (MFT); silver card stock, silver glitter paper 
Ink: Memento Gray Flannel 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Christmas Ornaments Die Only, Die-namics Designer Labels 1 STAX (MFT); jewels, Copic markers, silver cord

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. WOWZA, this is a beauty! So elegant! I love the way you took the inspiration from the photo for this week and used it to create a frame to highlight this lovely ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Just perfect for the inspiration! That frame is awesome and I love how you used the silver string.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love how you showed off the pretty ornament inside the sparkly frame. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I looove your glitter paper frame, Bar...it looks fabulous with the ornament and silver cording....sooo pretty!!!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Bar! LOVE how you made so much like the photo with the ornament and framing. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the gorgeous silver sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty and fresh!! I love the glittered die cut and the matching silver cord. Very pretty Bar!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...