Saturday, August 01, 2015

MFT August Release Countdown, Day Four

countdownday4_2015aug1


Hello, and welcome to Day Four of MFT’s August Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing BB Polynesian Paradise, BB Polynesian Paradise Die-namics, Tiki Hut Die-namics, Wave Background, Pineapple Background, and Pop-Up Birthday Die-namics, last month’s Free With $60 set and now available in it’s own right. Be sure to check out all the details at the MFT Blog and don’t forget that release is August 4th at 10pm.



NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

I have two cards for you today using several of these products. My first card started with a Blue Breeze card stock base upon which I built my little tropical scene. I added a Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics and Kraft card stock beach, a Making Waves Die-namics and Summer Splash card stock sea, a Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics and Daffodil card stock sun, and Cloud Cover-Up and Sweet Tooth card stock clouds. Then I cut Tiki Hut Die-namics from more Kraft card stock, assembled it, and popped it up on foam mounting tape. Next I cut out the sweet girl and that outrageously cute toucan from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with BB Polynesian Paradise Die-namics, stamped the coordinating images from BB Polynesian Paradise with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and colored them with Copic markers. I popped them up on foam, as well, then stamped the sentiment on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder and added it to the card. I just love this set and this adorable little scene.

countdownday4_2015aug1b


On the inside I stamped this sentiment. I gave this card to friends that we visited in Belize recently—it’s pretty perfect for that, don’t you think?

countdownday4_2015aug1in
*****

My next card uses Pop-Up Birthday Die-namics.

C4C297_2015aug1

I started with a Grout Gray card stock base, then cut the “Birthday” from Ranger watercolor paper because I wanted to watercolor the letters in a rainbow configuration. To keep the rest of the card clean, I slipped a large Post It note between the cut outs and rest of the panel. Using my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, I watercolored each letter, then popped it up on foam on the base. I cut “happy” from Brushstroke Birthday Greetings Die-namics three times, adhered the layers together, then onto the card front. For the stamped sentiment, I used parts of a sentiment from an older PI set, PI Can’t Wait to See You, stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I finished off with some raindrops for accent. This card is also for this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges challenge.

C4C297_2015aug1b


And that’s it for today! Thanks SO much for stopping by today! Hope to see you back tomorrow for Day Three!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1

countdownday4_2015aug1





C4C297_2015aug1



~Supplies~
Polynesian Paradise:
Stamps:
BB Polynesian Paradise (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Blue Breeze card stock, Daffodil card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock, Summer Splash card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond,
Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, Making Waves Die-namics, BB Polynesian Paradise Die-namics, Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Tiki Hut Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder (MFT); Copic markers, heat tool

Pop-Up Birthday:
Stamps:
PI Can’t Wait to See You (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Pop-Up Birthday Die-namics, Brushstroke Birthday Greetings Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen, white detail embossing powder (MFT); rain drops

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

23 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome hut!!!! Your card is so sweet. Definitely brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tiki Hut die is really neat. Love both of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Barbara, your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are to "die" for...LOL I especially love the tiki hut one. So much talent represented on the MFT team...Bravo!!! Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are SO nice, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tropical makes me feel Like I'm there
    Love it as usual

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tropical makes me feel Like I'm there
    Love it as usual

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First one is cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. I'm sitting, so I'm not doing the hula with my hips, but am moving my shoulders. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards--love the colors on both cards, the Polynesian stamp set is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Love your grass hut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Love your grass hut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! Both look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hut is fab! And love the pop up birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hut is fab! And love the pop up birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The hut is fab! And love the pop up birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card Barbara! The hula girl is adorable; the shack is so cute, and your coloring is spot-on. I love that fringe die!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Tiki hut is sooo cute as is the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barbara, your cards always give that WOW Factor! Love both of these. Beautiful, Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Tiki hut is so sweet, and the birthday card is great in that it could be used for either gender.

    ReplyDelete
  22. both cards are amazing, but your second card was my favorite, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...