Tuesday, August 02, 2016

MFT August Release Countdown, Day One!

countdown1a_2016aug2

Hello and welcome to the final day of MFT August Release Countdown!! Tonight is the night! Release is at 10pm EDT so be there! Get all the details at the MFT Blog. Today we’re previewing Frightful Friends Stamp Set, Frightful Friends Die-namics, Grave Situation Stamp Set, Grave Situation Die-namics, Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics, and Mini Fringe Die-namics - Free with $60.

NewReleaseCountdown_Day1

I simply love to make Halloween projects!! I don’t know why—maybe it’s the colors or maybe it’s because when this time of the year rolls around it means Fall will soon be here and that makes me happy :)

I have two Halloween themed projects for you today, starting with this fun card. I started with a
Stone Gray card stock base and created my background by applying a watercolor wash on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush. I splattered some clean water on, allowed it to dry, and popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape.

countdown1a_2016aug2b

Next I stamped the images from Grave Situation with Black Licorice hybrid ink on X-Press It Blending Card, cut them out with Grave Situation Die-namics, and colored them with Copic markers. I added Grassy Edges Die-namics, Cut from Jellybean Green Card stock, arranged the tombstones popped up on foam, and added the moon, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with LJD Spooky Sweets Die-namics.
*****

Next up is a fun treat container using mostly
Frightful Friends and Frightful Friends Die-namics.

countdown1b_2016aug2

This project started with a papier mache coffin box that I’ve had in my stash for a while. I bought several of these a couple of years ago so you might see another one next year, LOL! I began by paining the box inside and out with blue paint—don’t ask me what kind or color—I started with white, added Cornflower dye ink refill, Nightshift dye ink refill, blue craft paint, and eventually ended up with a color that is a perfect match for Cornflower card stock! I assure you it was totally by accident and I have no formula ;-) My original intent was to try stamping the fence on the sides on top of the paint, but since the box was not perfectly smooth, that wasn’t working out so well. Once I discovered that the paint was an exact match for Cornflower card stock it was a no brainer so I stamped up a bunch, cut them out, and adhered them all around the box. To finish off, I added Jellybean Green card stock cut with Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics.

countdown1b_2016aug2b

For the top, I created a little scene, adding more fence, the tree and clouds from Spooky House Die-namics, cut from Black Licorice card stock and Translucent Vellum respectively, a moon cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with Blueprints 21 Die-namics, and the Dracula and bat images from Frightful Friends and Frightful Friends Die-namics. Dracula was stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. This was such a fun project!

And that’s it for the last day of
MFT’s August Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1newsupplies
countdown1a_2016aug2




countdown1b_2016aug2



~Supplies~
Graveyard Card:
Stamps:
Grave Situation  (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Grave Situation Die-namics, LJD Spooky Sweets Die-namics, Grassy Edges Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush (MFT); Copic markers

Coffin Box:
Stamps:
Frightful Friends (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Cornflower card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, X-Press It Blending Card, Translucent Vellum (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Frightful Friends Die-namics, Spooky House Die-namics, Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics, Blueprints 21 Die-namics, Blueprints 27 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic (MFT); craft paint, heat tool, Copic markers

1newsignature

15 comments:

  1. Your coffin is so cute! You did a great job! I look at your blog almost everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always impressed.... Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card with the very cool background and think your coffin is the cutest thing. Love all the fence and the cute scene on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever is that! Love your coffin box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable both of them and the box is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...that coffin box is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coffin box is frightfully cute. Love it and all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a crazy girl. It's oh-so sweet, but holy moley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both your card and coffin box. I originally thought the box was a tag and was surprised to see and read it is a box.....so fun. Love the fence around the bottom! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful watercolor sky that is perfect for a spooky graveyard and an amazing coffin to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Cards! I love the watercolors on the first one. The coffin is pure Genius! I've decoupaged the same coffins...this is so cool! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! So excited for this release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are great but the coffin is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my that coffin box is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is great, but that coffin box is "to die for". lol Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...