Friday, August 19, 2016

MFT & Chibi Lights Collaboration

Print

Hi, everyone, welcome to another day of MFT/Chibitronics collaboration! MFT is stocking a super fun kit that has everything you need to create light-up projects and today several of the Design Team will be showing you what we did with the lights. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the details.


chibicollage

For my project I chose to make the stars shine by using LLD Count the Stars Stamp Set, LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, and LLD Lucky Stars Die-namics.



chibicolab_2016aug19

I love this sentiment from LLD Count the Stars Stamp Set so I created my design around it.



chibisarsmarked


I started with a
Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I cut some stars out of Ranger Watercolor Paper with Blueprints 8 Die-namics and Blueprints 13 Die-namics and created my background by stamping Tiny Stars Background with Versamark on Ranger Watercolor Paper and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. Tip: do any die cutting first, because sometimes heat embossing can get damaged with the rollers during the die cutting process. Next I traced the star layout onto my card base so I could line up the lights perfectly—this is where the circuitry will be placed. I applied a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush and set the background aside to dry.

 

chibicircuit

Here’s how I arranged the circuitry. You can see that I started with the bottom star point and worked in a clockwise pattern to complete it. I created a pressure switch so the lights can be turned on and off—that’s why there‘s a break in the copper tape. Full instructions for doing this and many other configurations are in the booklet that comes in the kit.



chibicircuitdone

Here you see the pressure switch in place along with Translucent Vellum covering the star openings and foam mounting tape to pop up the rest of the background. I found I needed two thicknesses of foam mounting tape to equal the height of the battery.



chibicolab_2016aug19b

I added the sentiment from LLD Count the Stars Stamp Set on the front along with LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics. A LLD Lucky Stars Die-namics is the trigger point for activating the switch. I shot this view in some darkness to show how bright the stars shine :)

And that’s it! I hope you’ll give the Chibitronics lights a try and show us what you come up with. Thanks for stopping by today—see you soon!


1newsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars Stamp Set, Tiny Stars Background (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Silver Shine card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, Lucky Stars Die-namics, Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Blueprints 13 Die-namics, Blueprints 8 Die-namics, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, foam mounting tape, Chibitronics (MFT); heat tool 

1newsignature

19 comments:

  1. Super cute card. Love the background and thank you for all the little tips. I would love to plsy eith these lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starry background is absolutely gorgeous! And the it looks stunning with the lit LEDs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You made the stars come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and your directions for making it light up were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your card....so many pretty twinkling stars in the sky! Thanks for the opportunity to win a Chibi Lights Starter Kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. Those lights are very clever, but I'm not sure that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I love the way you work with watercolors! This Chibi star card is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So de-light-ful & fun. I love the fact you gave an on/off example for your card. Perfect for showing off the the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your card! Beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! These Chibi Lights are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fun! Anyone would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. Love the background on your light up card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza! How cool is that Barbara! I Love Your Card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card and how you used stars to light up. So much fun! I'd love to play with this product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing. Very creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite use of those little lights! I still love all your cards Barb and I'm still here every single day and I still wish you lived down the street. :) I missed the dragons!! I'm so bummed out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...