Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Deck the Howls–MFT and Friends, October Edition

mftandfriends_2018oct16

Today our team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present. We can’t wait to share our ideas with you!

MFTandFriends
I decided to create a cozy little scene using Deck the Howls Stamp Set and Die-namics and Filled with Joy Die-namics from the October release and some previously released products—I love how MFT products work so well together!

So, first I created my background which serves as the wall in my imaginary house. I covered a Sweet Tooth card stock base with Fresh Squeezed Chevrons patterned paper for the “wallpaper”, added Kraft card stock for the “carpet”, and more Sweet Tooth for the baseboard. Next I added Fireplace Die-namics (see card stock colors below) and decorated it and the wall with greenery, repurposing the snowflake from Filled with Joy Die-namics. To see how I did this, you can check out my blog post
HERE.

mftandfriends_2018oct16b

Once I had that all done I stamped the images from Deck the Howls Stamp Set with Extreme Black hybrid ink on No-Line Coloring Card Stock, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored with Copic markers, and popped them up on foam tape. The sentiment was heat embossed and also adhered with foam tape.

And that’s all I have for you today! Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the
MFT Blog to see who else has some creations to share with you today.

See you soon!

1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Deck the Howls
Die-namics: Deck the Howls, Fireplace, Filled with Joy
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
Specialty Inks: Versamark
Patterned Paper: Fresh Squeezed Chevron
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Wild Cherry, Sour Apple, Gumdrop Green, Jellybean Green, Kraft, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Black Licorice, Gravel Gray, No-Line Coloring
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, white detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue, hemp cord
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Embossing Magic, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, craft tweezers, plastic eraser
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, baker’s twine


1newsignature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara!
    Is there an advantage in using no-line colouring paper over neenah paper when you are copic colouring? I have only heard of it recently, and am wondering if there is a difference.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...