Monday, October 22, 2018

Festive Flamingos–MFT October Card Kit, Countdown Day Two

cardkitday2_2018oct22

Hello and welcome to Day Two of MFT’s October Card Kit Countdown. In addition to the card kit, we’re releasing a stamp set and Die-namics from a new designer that you might already be familiar with: Stacey Yacula. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the details.

OK, I am in LOVE with this stamp set!! I adore the retro look and feel of the images! They are just too cute for words! I’m also using the Mid-Month Free with $60 die: Happy Christmas Die-namics. I chose to use it as a shaker element and I love how this turned out.

First, I sponged some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink for the background and sprinkled it with some clear water. After it dried I cut it with Happy Christmas Die-namics and created my shaker element with Heat Resistant Acetate, foam tape, and Sparkling Clear Snowflake Sequins and Silver Shimmer Seed Beads for the filler., then popped it up on a Sweet Tooth card stock base.

cardkitday2_2018oct22b


I added Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics with the sentiment stamped on the bottom and stamped the images from Sweet Holiday Penguins, along with the trees from Cool Christmas Stamp Set & Die-namics, on No Line Coloring Card Stock, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored them with Copic markers. I added some white putty paint to the Santa hats, popped them up on foam in the scene, and was done!

Thanks so very much for stopping by today! See you back tomorrow for the release of Festive Flamingos Card Kit!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Sweet Holiday Penguins, Cool Christmas
Die-namics: Sweet Holiday Penguins, Happy Christmas, Cool Christmas, Stitched Snow Drifts
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
Specialty Inks: Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring
Specialty Papers: Heat Resistant Acetate
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Sparkling Clear Snowflake Sequins, Silver Shimmer Seed Beads
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth, White Puffy Paint


1newsignature_thumb[1]

5 comments:

  1. Love your sweet card and those adorable penguins. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable; I'm really loving those happy penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you almost made these penguins come to life on this card. So cheery and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your playful happy card. Makes me want to play in the snow with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...