Tuesday, October 30, 2018

MFT October Hits & Highlights Feature–Merry & Bright

hitsandhighlights_2018oct30

With the Christmas season approaching quickly, we’re bringing some merry and some bright to your computer today. We’ve challenged our designers to feature products that include “merry” in the name or to add some brightness to their projects with their favorite lights. You’ll surely be inspired to tackle your own holiday cards after checking out their creations!

Print

I gave this challenge a literal and figurative interpretation. I’m using Merry & Bright Paper Pack down the side of my card which set my color scheme, plus, I used gold and glitter for real brightness. And who can doubt that that darling puppy is merry, all tangled up in those bright Christmas lights?

After adhering the strip of patterned paper on my card base, I created a shaker element on another panel of Sweet Tooth card stock, filled with Gold Shimmer Seed Beads and lots of Christmas lights, stamped, colored, and fussy cut out. I added a circle of Gold Shine card stock and Merry Christmas Circle Frame cut from Holly Jolly Glitter Card Stock

hitsandhighlights_2018oct30b

I stamped the sentiment from BB Happy Pawlidays, popped it up on foam on the card base, then stamped the puppy image, cut it out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored it with Copic markers, and popped it up on the card front for the finish!

And that’s it from me—love this month’s theme! Be sure to stop by the
MFT Blog to see what some of my team mates have for you today. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: BB Happy Pawlidays
Die-namics: BB Happy Pawlidays, LLD Circle Shaker Window & Frame, Merry Christmas Circle Frame
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
Patterned Paper: Merry & Bright
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring
Specialty Papers: Holly Jolly Glitter, Gold Shine
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Circle Shaker Pouches, 1/8” Score Tape, Gold Shimmer Seed Beads
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, White Puffy Paint, gold ball point pen


1newsignature_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. So fun, gorgeous colouring on that adorable puppy & all with a fun shaker as well.💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.My.Gosh. that is so cute. That Happy Pawlidays set is one of my favorites, and your shaker with the lights and the little bits of bling just take it over the top! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...