Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Holy Mackerel! MFT’s May Vault Release is NOW!




















Hello, I’m back today with another card, using You’re Fin-tastic Stamp Set and Fishbowl Die-namics from
MFT’s May Vault Release. Another couple of products that made me VERY sad to see retired so I’m extra happy to see them back



I decided to create a shaker element for this card. To begin, I cut the second largest die from Fishbowl Die-namics (the same one used to cut out the center of the fishbowl front) from a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock then sponged it with Broken China Distress Ink, spattered with clean water. I added clear acetate card stock to the back of this opening and that became my shaker “window”. I cut Fishbowl Die-namics from Grout Gray card stock, cut out the center and adhered it to the front, lining it up with the windowed opening.























Next I cut the fish, sand, and seaweed, secured them in the fish bowl from the back, created my shaker element with bits of foam, added gold shimmer seed beads, and closed up the back with another sponged panel. Once that was done I stamped the sentiments and added the hearts, to coordinate with the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you’ve gotten a little inspiration in the last few days for some of YOUR Vault goodies. Now, go shop and I’ll see you soon!





All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: You're Fin-tastic
Die-namics: Fishbowl, Tag Builder Blueprints 5
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Grout Gray, Orange Fizz, Tangy Orange, Black Licorice, Kraft, Gumdrop Green, Sour Apple, Electric Red
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Mini Mister, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, clear acetate card stock, Broken China Distress Ink, gold shimmer seed beads

27 comments:

  1. Super cool fish bowl card! Love the shaker element :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goldfish are so cute. LOVE the dark orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love your choice of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this set! I loved it then, and love it now! Precious card! You are so talented, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could see this for a nice love card to a husband or even to grandkids - love love so much - beautiful coloring as well and looks delicious! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fish bowl shaker is just the sweetest! My grandkids will just love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute shaker! It looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the sentiments! The scene in the bowl is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the shaker style use. Like the fishbowl scene. Like the sponge inking.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the shaker aspect of this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I really like the texture of the bubbles in the background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I see new details every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the use of the sentiments. The hearts are a nice touch. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling fishbowl! I LOVE the little goldfish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card - LOVE how you created the water

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! I love the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara! Fishbowl cuteness! This is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable fishbowl card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful, fun card. Love the fishbowl and the beads are perfect for the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This shaker is adorable. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute! I love the use of the gold beads in the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute shaker fish bowl and fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!