Sunday, October 25, 2020

Dashing by With a Holiday Hi - MFT October Vault Release, Countdown Day Two

 



Hello and welcome to Day Two of MFT's October Vault Release! Release is on October 27 at 10am, Eastern. Today we're previewing 
Dashing Deer Stamp Set, Dashing Deer Die-namics, Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings Stamp Set, Birch Trees Die-namics, Snow-Capped Mountains Die-namics and Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details.





I do not have the words to describe how ecstatic I am to have Birch Trees and Snow-Capped Mountains Die-namics back!! You know creating scenes is my favorite thing to do and these two products are invaluable to me! I am giddy with excitement to have them back in my stamping arsenal!

To begin this card I created my sky background with Mini Cloud Edges and Blue Breeze dye ink, then adhered it directly to a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I assembled Snow-Capped Mountains, cut from Gravel Gray and Sweet Tooth card stocks and adhered them to the background.


















Next I worked on my Birch Trees. Birch Trees-Solid Die-namics will not be coming back but no worries! You can use Birch Trees as is or if you're like me and love some darker care stock peeking out of the openings, I have the solution for you: simply cut some strips of gray card stock a little narrower and adhere them to the back.





I started by cutting Birch Trees Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock...





...next I cut some strips of Cement Gray card stock slightly narrower than the Birch Trees die cuts...






...and then I adhered the strips to the back of the die cuts and then they were ready to use my scene.












































After the trees and Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, were in place, I stamped the images from Dashing Deer Stamp Set, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored them with Copic markers, and popped them up in the scene with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped on bottom snow drift before assembly. Foam tape was used for dimension.

And that's it for Day Two of MFT's October Vault Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by today--see you back tomorrow for Day One!






All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.


Stamps: Dashing Deer
Die-namics: Dashing Deer, Snow-Capped Mountains, Birch Trees, Stitched Snow Drifts
Stencils: Mini Cloud Edges
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Cement Gray
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, water brush, sponge daubers, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy




7 comments:

  1. Love this card! The animals and birds really stand out in the snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a cute card and your idea about backing the birch trees with some gray card stock is genius

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You used so many elements of the vault release in this card, and you created a beautiful scene! I love the dimension too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You used so many elements of the vault release in this card, and you created a beautiful scene! I love the dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you put the red and blue on the birds. Such cute animals with their brown coloring. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful trees. Sweet little blue birds and I adore the deer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!