Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Beach Bum - Color Throwdown Challenge #702

 


Hey there! It's time for a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! I'm hosting this week and hope to see lots of you playing along!



Well, my inspiration piece has nothing to do with the beach but I thought the colors worked and I wanted to make a seasonal card. Nothing says summer like the beach, so that's where I went. To begin, I sponged Sunny Rays Stencil with Lemon Drop dye ink on white card stock and adhered it to a white card stock base. 



Next I cut Chantilly Cream, Sno Cone, Summer Splash, and Caribbean Sea card stocks with Sand and Surf Die-namics and layered them up to complete the background. The sentiment is from Life's a Beach Stamp Set and was stamped with Extreme Black hybrid ink.



Next I cut Sandcastle Builder Die-namics from Chantilly Cream card stock and Shady Palm Die-namics from Kraft, Milk Chocolate, and Sour Apple card stock. I added some Copic marker accents and popped them up on foam tape for dimension, and added some Cutest Clouds ever to finish off.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword #CTD702 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd702 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!



All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Life's a Beach
Die-namics: Shady Palm, Sandcastle Builder, Sand and Surf, Cutest Clouds Ever
Stencils: Sunny Day
Dye Ink: Lemon Drop
Hybrid Ink:  Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Chantilly Cream, Kraft, Cement Gray, Sour Apple, Milk Chocolate, Sno Cone, Summer Splash, Caribbean Sea
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other:  Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, tape runner, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Blender Brushes – 4 pack


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!