Friday, February 26, 2010

More Heartfelt Sympathy - Stamp Simply #128

[If you're looking for my Flourishes Birthday Blog Hop Celebration, please scroll down to the next post. Thank you!]


Today's Stamp Simply challenge is to make a sympathy card. We never want to make these but unfortunately we will need them. Sadly, I no sooner got this one made than I needed it. I'd hoped to just add it to my stash, so now I need to make another one for that. Here's the challenge in Sharon's words:

Feb 26 - ssnotime128 - With Sympathy - Today's challenge is to make a sympathy card. I seem to always be out of them, even though I make them often. And when we need sympathy cards, it is usually without much notice. So let's add to our stash of sympathy cards today. I know everyone is always looking for ideas for these cards that are not always the easiest to make -- so let's help each other out and let our ideas flow!

Despite the theme, I love how this card turned out, and I hope it brought at least a little comfort to the recipient. Clean and simple, and definitely stamped simply, I started with a Kraft base, stamped the sentiment, from PTI's Through the Trees set in Dark Chocolate at the bottom. Then I tied a Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon around in a bow. I stamped the tree image (from the same set) onto Vintage Cream card stock with Dark Chocolate and Spring Moss inks, trimmed it, cut it into quarters, and popped them up on 3M foam squares. REALLY an easy card.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime128 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Deb Neerman - February Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for dropping in today! Tomorrow is Crazy 4 Challenges day and we've got another fun challenge for you, so I hope you'll stop by again then. PLUS, I just *might* have a little MFT sneaky peek for you :)


~Supplies~
Stamps:
Through the Trees (PTI)

Paper:
Kraft, Rustic Cream (PTI)

Ink:
Chocolate Chip, Spring Moss (PTI)

Accessories:
Spring Moss grograin ribbon (PTI); 3M foam squares (craft store)


15 comments:

  1. Lovely, CAS, and serene...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Barbara. I like the image spread out on the squares, very simple and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. So peaceful and pretty! I love how you've paneled the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design, Bar! I love how you squared up the design with the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautifully simple and elegant sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful clean and simple card-very nicely done. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design, Barb! Love the image split in to panels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you cut the tree apart - adds so much interest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. THe cutting apart of the tree really adds so much but it still keeps a serene and peaceful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW! Just lovely! I really like your take on Sharon's Sympathy Card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...