Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Belated Birthday - CTD #165

It's time for Color Throwdown! Today's colors were chosen by the sweet and talented Laura and are indeed lovely. They were inspired by Crate Paper's Farmhouse collection so that's what I used. No need to reinvent the wheel, right?



I really do need a belated birthday card so that's what I went with. I'm using MFT's First Class Friend Die-namics and Stamp Set for my project today. I'm also using the Postage Border Die-namics die for my, well, my border ;-) A little stitching, some seam binding and some other embellishments, and it was done! I really love how this came together.


Here's the inside with more sentiments from the set.




Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD165 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 


Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)













Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back later with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps: First Class Friend Die-namics and Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Hot Fudge, Whip Cream; Old Olive, Pool Party, Peach Parfait (SU!); Farmhouse (Crate Paper)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); First Class Friend and Postage Border Die-namics dies; seam binding, stick pins (Little Yellow Bicycle), flat back pearls, button, twine, sewing machine



14 comments:

  1. What fun stamps and dies, Barb...such a pretty design and I love how you used the stick pins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous late birthday card! Love all those sentiments! You're right...this card came together just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that die. I've not seen that before..very cool! I really like this card and who doesn't sometimes need this exact card. I might have to take a peek at that set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card with a great layout! I'm in need of some belated sentiments since I can't seem to get cards sent in time anymore and this would be a great set to use! Thanks enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! The crinkly ribbon bow and leaf pins are so pretty! Love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Barb! Love the pretty details of the seam binding bow with button and pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Barbara! Just the right balance of color and pattern and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOoo, love this design! What a great product from MFT!! I haven't mentioned it but I love the typed background behind your cards that you've been using in your photos lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO gorgeous! LOVE these colors and the papers you used!!! The pins are the most AWESOME touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! Love the pretty seam binding bow and the stick pin accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, this is so very cute! LOVE the layout and fabulous embellishments! Makes me wish you'd forgotten my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous, Barbara! Love the combo of stamps on the postage diecut! A big thanks to you and the CTD girls for having me as your guest this month! It's been a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love what you have done with this challenge and these stamps and dies! You make me want them so bad! I'm always struggling to come up with a good belated birthday card--this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...