Friday, November 07, 2008

Fall Season

This card is for the Verve Holiday Release Sketch Challenge - Day 2. I'm still making Thanksgiving cards and still trying to catch up {sigh}. This is a great sketch, too (what do you expect, right?).

My card base is Really Rust, then a layer of DSP from this year's Autumn Vine series. The next element is Chocolate Chip with a layer of another pattern from the Autumn Vine series. Antique copper brads accent this element. The main focal image is stamped on Very Vanilla with Close To Cocoa and a stamp from Inkadinkado's Fall Season set. It was sponged with Creamy Caramel and matted with Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla with Close To Cocoa and a stamp from the Happy Blessings set from SU!'s mini catalog. It was cut/embossed with a small circle Nestabilities die and also sponged with Creamy Caramel. It's matted with Chocolate Chip which was cut/embossed with a small scalloped circle Nestabilities die. All three elements are up on dimensionals. A brown satin bow completes the card. Thanks for looking!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Happy Blessings (SU!), Fall Season (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, DSP Autumn Vine (SU!)
Ink: Close To Cocoa, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, ribbon and brads (craft shop), sponge, slot punch

2 comments:

  1. I saw your card at SCS and had to pop over to your blog for more! I really like your style and just wanted to let you know that I think your cards are lovely.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha---people are beginning to notice your cards on SCS---see? This is a lovely card...I never can quite figure out what to do with this particular pattern of Autumn Vine. I love all the rest, this one just stumps me! But you did a great job!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!