Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Krafty Snowman

It feels like FOREVER since I was able to stamp and it's just been four days! That's forever, right?

Anyway, this card is for the SCS color challenge #193--Real Red, Basic Black, and Kraft. I love Kraft--it's such a great neutral it goes with anything! I was determined to make a Christmas card with this challenge so here it is.

It first looked through all my Christmas DP and found this one. It's from daisyd's 6 x 6 Paisley Sugarplum pad that I got at my LSS (well, if you call local a 1 1/2 hour drive, LOL!). I just LOVE these little retro snowmen (the second picture shows them a little closer--aren't they the cutest little things?!) and I knew just the stamp I wanted to use as soon as I spied the paper. I just got Verve's new Snow Wonderful set and I thought this little snowman was perfect for this DP. So, I started with a Kraft card base and stamped the snowflake background all over the front. The next layer is Basic Black with the edge scalloped with SU!'s scalloped border punch. The next layer is Real Red, to which I added two strips of narrow black satin ribbon, three black brads, and the section of DP. My focal image is stamped in Basic Black on watercolor paper and colored with SU! markers and my blender pen. The hat band and scarf are Real Red and the carrot nose is Only Orange. I used Sahara Sand for shadows. The snowman's little buttons are Class A'Peel Stickers from Stampendous. I don't know if it shows, but they are red with tiny gold borders around them. So CUTE! My friend Betty got them for me and I love them!! The focal image is up on dimensionals. I punched three snowflakes with my handy dandy Martha Stewart snowflake punch, adhered them with brads, and added the sentiment. It's from Verve's Ornamental Christmas set and was stamped on a strip of Kraft paper in Basic Black, punched out with SU!'s Word Window punch, and tied on with some red hemp. I love how it turned out--maybe because I wanted to stamp so badly, LOL, but I really do like it. Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Snow Wonderful and Ornamental Christmas (Verve Visual)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Kraft (SU!), Paisley Sugarplum DP (daisyd's)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Only Orange, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories: Ribbon and brads (craft store), scalloped border and word window punches (SU!), snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), red hemp (SU!), Class A'Peel Stickers (Stampendous), dimensionals, blender pen (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!