Monday, November 24, 2008

Run, run reindeer!

This card is for Paper Craft Planet's third sketch challenge. I love this paper and the stamp and I've been wanting to use them for a while. I think it also qualifies for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge for this week. I'm going to give it a try, anyway :)

My base card is Chocolate Chip. This sketch called for a square card which is not my favorite, but that's why it's a challenge, right? It also called for an oval focal image but the stamp I wanted to use worked with a circle better. The top element is Soft Sky with a layer of DP from My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas collection called Flying Friends and is attached with Soft Sky look-alike brads. The focal image is a Basic Grey stamp set called Winterland. It's stamped on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip, then cut out with a Nestabilities circle die. The edges are sponged with Soft Sky. It's layered on Soft Sky that was cut with a Petite Circle die--each scallop was accented with a Chocolate Chip SU! marker. The sentiment was stamped on Soft Sky with Chocolate chip using a Martha Stewart stamp from a clear stamp set called Christmas Phrases. The focal image and the sentiment are up on dimensionals. I really like the look of this card and it's going into my sloooooowly growing Christmas card stash. Thanks for taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Winterland (Basic Grey), Christmas Phrases (Martha Stewart)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky (SU!), Flying Friends (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilites, brads (craft store)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!