Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My first Featured Stamper challenge entry!

I've been stalking Becca Feeken's blog, Amazing Paper Graces for some time and I've been wanting to CASE this card of hers. Now I have a good excuse since she's the featured stamper on Splitcoast this week! Congratulations, Becca! You so deserve it!

I changed the colors and the stamp, otherwise it's pretty much like Becca did hers. I mean, how can you improve on perfection? I love Becca's style--so elegant and classy.

My base card is Whisper White with a Basic Black layer. I ran Whisper White card stock through my Cuttlebug with the Bird Call folder (I bought this folder just because of Becca's card!), then ran a bit of Bordering Blue in the folder, using just the bird, which I cut out and adhered with dimensionals. This layer is matted with a Bordering Blue layer, and is up on dimensionals.

The sentiment is stamped on a Nestabilities cut and embossed ribbon slider in Bordering Blue with a stamp from My Favorite Things' set, Sassy Sayings. It's attached with a 1" sheer black ribbon. Three silver flat-backed beads add a final accent. I like it, but it ain't up to Becca's. Thanks for checking in and taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Sassy Sayings (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bordering Blue
Ink: Bordering Blue
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, ribbon (Wal*Mart), silver flat-backed beads (Hobby Lobby)

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!