Saturday, February 14, 2009

Definitely a stretch

First, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

This card is for two challenges: SCS Ways To Use It #205 (use fabric) and Limited Supplies #207 (stretch yourself--use two or more things on a card that you don't normally use). I think this is the first time for me with both of these challenges and I must say they were fun!

For the Limited Supplies Challenge, the things I did that I don't normally do (actually, there are three things on this card that I've *never* done on a card before): 1) use fabric; 2) sew; and 3) distress cardstock. I'd been planning to use fabric, as evidenced by the fact that I had some Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps in my stash. But this made me pull 'em out and use 'em.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers (couldn't totally go wild, now could I?) of Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Sage Shadow with a strip of russet ribbon across the middle. The focal image is from the Winter collection of Cotton Scraps and was sewed onto Very Vanilla card stock, layered on Pumpkin Pie, and is up on 3M foam squares. All card stock was distressed with the back of my scissors blade. Pumpkin colored brads accent each corner and that's that! Certainly not like anything else in my gallery but I think I like it!

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: None
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Sage Shadow (SU!)
Ink: None
Accessories: scissors; 3M foam squares, brads (craft store); Crafty Secrets Winter Cotton Scraps

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love anything by Crafty Secrets and this is adorable!!! Great way to stretch yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sewn on image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!!! Actually, I think this would qualify for the challenge that Crafty Secrets is hosting on PCP, too! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!