Thursday, February 26, 2009

Make a wish


Isn't this the sweetest little card? I found the directions for it on a blog called My Creations. The link to the template is there and all I did was print it off, cut it out, and dress (pun intended) it up! I'm using Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge--to use vellum--although it's turned into Timeless Thursday, LOL. This is the first time I've ever used vellum on a card so it was a great challenge to me to get it out and play with it,

My base card is SU! retired Afternoon Tea DSP. I just thought it looked like a little girl's dress. I then cut the vellum "apron" and used my Martha Stewart eyelet punch along the bottom. The cummerbund was cut using the reverse side of the dress paper. I used my Martha Stewart ribbon threader punch on it and wove 1/4" white double faced satin ribbon through it and tied it in a bow. The collar was made by using my smallest Petite Circle Nestabilities die on Whisper White card stock, complete with embossing. I cut it in half, and trimmed it to fit the shoulders and neck opening with my craft knife after it was in place. I added small flat-backed pearls to the collar and larger ones to the apron, as well as a shirt button to the bodice. A small tag, cut/embossed with another Nestabilities die was stamped with a tiny sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages set in Chocolate Chip ink and tied on with Merlitt rayon floss--it has a pearly look. On the inside I added a layer of Whisper White and a border of DSP with the bottom punched with the eyelet punch.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Retired Afternoon Tea DSP (SU!); vellum (craft store)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Petite Circle Nestabilities; flat backed pearls, ribbon (craft store); button (personal stash)

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the sweet paper and pearls! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - Barbara - this is gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job with this card!!! I sooo love the apron, pearls and the sweet dress design - simply perfect!!!

    Thank you for playing along this week!!! Keep those fab creations of yours coming!!! :) ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!