Friday, February 27, 2009

Inspired Summer Kiwi Pies


This card is for SCS Color Combinations #207: Summer Sky, Kiwi Kiss, and Pumpkin Pie. I like 'em! My first thought was to use Inspired By Nature and it worked out pretty well.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, and Summer Sun paper from the new Good Morning Sunshine DSP collection. My focal image was stamped on Whisper White with color applied to the Echinecea stamp with SU! markers in Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie and a brush for the Kiwi Kiss directly from a reinker. The grass background was stamped with Kiwi Kiss using an ink pad. It and the Kiwi Kiss mat were cut/embossed with the largest Petite Oval dies and mounted on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Pumpkin Pie and punched out with the Large Oval punch, as was the Kiwi Kiss layer, and is also up on foam squares. The butterfly was made using a Martha Stewart Punch and attached with a rolled up glue dot to give it some dimension. Tiny apricot flat-backed pearls embellish his body. A few Dew Drops and it's done!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Inspired By Nature (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, and Good Morning Sunshine DSP (SU!)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); Large Oval Punch (SU!), Dew Drops; flat back pearls (Ellen Hutson); butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Love these colors Barb! Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post---there are several here I have missed, I think Feedblitz is blitzing me out! Anyhoo, this is gorgeous! And your daffodils are (were?) gorgeous too! Ah, the snow will melt and they'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!