Wednesday, September 21, 2011

You're a Stitch! - Color Throwdown #160

Howdy there! Back again with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. This week Danielle is our host and she’s chosen some colors that screamed vintage to me.



I’m using MFT’s Sew Nifty set for my sentiments, inside and out. You'd have thought with just that little bit of stamping that this card would have come together rather quickly, but it didn't. I fussed over the layout, and I fussed over the stitching, and I fussed over the seam binding bow. Sigh. Finally, it came together and I was glad it was done, LOL! I'm using the Dizzy Doily Die-namics die for the sentiment and the Open Zig Zag Border die for the ribbon border.





OK, that’s it for me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD160 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity 
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs (sitting this week out)
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Julee Tilman - Poetic Artistry September Guest Designer 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Sew Nifty (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Whip Cream (MFT); Early Espresso (SU!); Lost & Found: Madison Avenue (MME)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Dizzy Doily, Open Zig Zag Die-namics dies; seam binding, button, baker's twine, sewing machine, distressing tool



8 comments:

  1. All that "fussing" made for a beautiful card! Love the seam binding bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew very pretty...I am a sucker for vintage AND sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your sweet, polka-dotted vintage card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that polka dot paper and the really pretty mat! Vintage chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really beautiful. I like the layout and all of the eye candy. It's so lovely. I haven't ever been able to create anything vintage, though I want to. Maybe i will give it another go. Thanks for the inspiration. It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job making this vintage goody :] LOVE the sentiment on the outside!! Reminds me of my God-mother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!