Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Happy Birthday–MFTWSC #57

MFTWSC57_2012feb1

Are you ready for another MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC57

I wasn’t sure about this sketch when I first saw it but now I love it! It was really fun! I flipped it and decided to use black and white with a pop of color. And I used a black rhinestone flourish to take the place of the three “bead” elements on each end. I’ve been wanting to see how well Die-namics dies would cut out glittered card stock and the answer is VERY WELL :) I used my Pretty Posies Die-namics for the flower and added Upsy Daisy Die-namics leaves. And for the flower center I dug out a designer thumbtack from my stash—I haven’t used these in a while but I thought it was perfect for this. Simply cut off the tack part and adhere the head in the flower center. Dressier than a button or plain brad or pearl :) The sentiment is from More Essential Sentiments and was stamped on a Clearly Sentimental Label Die-namics die cut.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

MFTWSC57_2012feb1in

And here are the Die-namics dies I used:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be back tomorrow with day two of the February teasers!

~Supplies~
Stamps: More Essential Sentiments (
MFT)
Paper: Black Licorice, Sweet Tooth; pink and green glitter paper; Meadowlark 6 x 6 (MME)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Upsy Daisy, Pretty Posies, and Clearly Sentimental Labels Die-namics dies; bling, designer thumbtack

brownwendysignature

6 comments:

  1. Woweeee... this is GORJALICIOUSNESS!!! LOVE the glittery flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! Oh my word that glittery flower is DA BOMB! This is GORGEOUS Bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card...You did a marvelous job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a GREAT Card Barbara, black bling is a True Favorite of mine I think I like it better than clear... Black IS the new skinny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara,

    I love the way you take a sketch and make it your own!!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...