Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Hello, Friend–CTD #178

CTD178_2012feb8

Are you ready for another Color Throwdown Challenge? This week’s hostess is Keva with a color combo that really challenged me. I mean, there’s no GREEN? This is two weeks in a row with no GREEN? Are you serious? ;-)

swatch 178

But, I decided to gave it my best shot and thought CAS might be the best way to go. So CAS it is. First, I stamped the flourishes from MFT’s new Finishing Flourishes stamp set on the card front, then made my flowers. Obviously, I can’t get enough of MFT’s new Botanical Beauty Die-namics ;-) I played around with the arrangement for a while and decided where to put my sentiment, also from Finishing Flourishes. I stamped it on a Layered Labels Die-namics die cut and popped it up on some foam dots for interest, then I adhered my flowers and was pretty much done with the outside.

Here’s the inside with more images from Finishing Flourishes. I stamped the flourishes off once before stamping and over-stamped with the sentiment.

CTD178_2012feb8in

And here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

layered label Die-namics

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD178 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week.


Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Keva Brown
Kristin Eberline
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Jenny Peterson (February Guest Designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Finishing Flourishes (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Botanical Beauty, Layered Labels Die-namics dies (MFT); foam dots, hot glue/gun

brownwendysignature

11 comments:

  1. I love the beauty and simplicity of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a STUNNER! LOVE the pop of colors with the flowers against the white card base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are gorgeous, Bar...love the flowers and how you used the flourishes as the leaves!! Me thinks me needs the flower dies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new flower dies! Love this classy, clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Barbara! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...stunning card....am on here to visit the Flourishes post, but taking a peek at yur other creations....this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the new flower die! Absolutely gorgeous, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't need any green! This is beautiful! LOVE those multi-layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA, fabulous layered flowers Bar! They look incredible against the white of your card! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS design! Love the layered flowers--they look fabulous in those rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love those big bold flower and otherwise the clean design of the card. Realy beautiful card!

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...